nick bassett/homophobes/transphobes thread

dvv

Guess what?! You have the right to offend somebody if you want to! What is it that we teach children to deal with these situations? Oh yeah, "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me"... In other words, oh, you don't like something he said? Well, he's a jackass, ignore him and move on with your life. People are going to say things you don't like. It's a waste of time and energy to get all bothered by other people. I'm already wasting energy writing this comment.

Guess what?! You have the right to offend somebody if you want to! What is it that we teach children to deal with these situations? Oh yeah, "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me"... In other words, oh, you don't like something he said? Well, he's a jackass, ignore him and move on with your life. People are going to say things you don't like. It's a waste of time and energy to get all bothered by other people. I'm already wasting energy writing this comment.

We had 7 posts in a row that were on topic - or at the very least, non-destructive to the thread - over the course of exactly three hours.  What the actual fuck compels you to throw rocks at the hornet's nest?  Your last sentence was the only part of your post that was on point.  Please just stop.  Not just in this thread, but also any other time you may find a dead horse that's finally being left to rot in peace.

Let's try to steer the discussion onto the music.  Or the vinyl release.  Or something remotely relevant to the band.  I don't know.

I'm hoping the new record has a similar runtime and flow to GOE.  As greedy as it'd be to hope for a double LP worth of "nü-gaze" [or whatever the kids are calling it], I feel like GOE's length and pacing made it super easy to revisit and grow accustom to.  Not too blistering and short-lived, and not overly drawn out and dreamy.  I can't think of too many recent albums that've maintained that balance so well.

The balance of GOE is perfect. The tempos and key changes flow really flawlessly. I think all these qualities are part of that "masterpiece" tag that GOE gets, and I think they are going to further exceed our expectations on this new release.

I also hope for some cool packaging. Some deluxe bundles with cool accessories would be nice. Like one of those Nothing weed grinders they make. Been meaning to pick one of those up.

The balance of GOE is perfect. The tempos and key changes flow really flawlessly. I think all these qualities are part of that "masterpiece" tag that GOE gets, and I think they are going to further exceed our expectations on this new release.

I also hope for some cool packaging. Some deluxe bundles with cool accessories would be nice. Like one of those Nothing weed grinders they make. Been meaning to pick one of those up.

Basic, low priced 140-160g vinyl records, please. Preferably with good music. Super preferably around the $14 range. I'd do a clear if possible though. (Dammit, Relapse.)

Basic, low priced 140-160g vinyl records, please. Preferably with good music. Super preferably around the $14 range. I'd do a clear if possible though. (Dammit, Relapse.)

You know those releases don't exist any more :(.

i'm not reading this trainwreck of a thread, but why the hell does a thread for a new record that doesn't have a preorder have 10 pages?

Let's be real.  It's probably 5 pages of actual relevant discussion not polluted by folks that are wound so tight anonymous internet people get them all hot and bothered.

Anyways, if ToT does have art similar in style to GoE, where many cover variants exist, and this album lives up to the hype, I may have to go full nerd and collect them all.  I sort of regret not doing that with GoE (my wallet doesn't though).

Let's be real. It's probably 5 pages of actual relevant discussion not polluted by folks that are wound so tight anonymous internet people get them all hot and bothered.

Anyways, if ToT does have art similar in style to GoE, where many cover variants exist, and this album lives up to the hype, I may have to go full nerd and collect them all. I sort of regret not doing that with GoE (my wallet doesn't though).

since this is the vinyl board, the only thing that would be relevant would be information about the physical vinyl release. I haven't seen anything of the sort. This shit should be locked or moved to the 'everything else' board. A new post should be made when a pre order is announced.

since this is the vinyl board, the only thing that would be relevant would be information about the physical vinyl release. I haven't seen anything of the sort. This shit should be locked or moved to the 'everything else' board. A new post should be made when a pre order is announced.

Good luck! (I've tried this with numerous threads in the past and nobody cares to listen.)

Why can't the vinyl boards have threads for hype. I can see album announcements on label sites or pitchfork or any number of music blogs/sites. I enjoy the discourse. People talked about the music/band/album for a while before it was derailed, and they've started again.

Arbitrary rules about "you can only make a thread once a date has been announced" is pretty dumb when you know a vinyl release is coming, and a thread will be made anyway.

If you want threads to be all

"Records up"

"ordered"

"ordered"

"snagged"

"shipping notice!"

"mine shipped!"

"I got shipping too!"

That's the way you do it. Frankly, I find that boring as hell considering we're all here for music.

Why can't the vinyl boards have threads for hype. I can see album announcements on label sites or pitchfork or any number of music blogs/sites. I enjoy the discourse. People talked about the music/band/album for a while before it was derailed, and they've started again.

Arbitrary rules about "you can only make a thread once a date has been announced" is pretty dumb when you know a vinyl release is coming, and a thread will be made anyway.

"Records up"

"ordered"

"ordered"

"snagged"

"shipping notice!"

"mine shipped!"

"I got shipping too!"

That's the way you do it. Frankly, I find that boring as hell considering we're all here for music.

I just wish people would wait until a vinyl copy is announced. Sure, we all know it's coming, but I'm equally as sick of the whole "I'm the first person to talk about something on the internet! Give me a cookie," mentality as I am all the other myriad things that bother me on this forum.

Moving the thread to EE until something is at least announced seems fair to me. I'm all for moving a bunch of these threads with no releases, or that are predominantly catch-all threads for a genre over to EE. I'm also just a salty old grump. So what do I know.

I guess I'm just more tired of 1 idiot or a group of idiots deciding to ruin a thread for whatever reason until it gets locked or in this case moved. The person who ruins the thread doesn't care at all about the thread, they are literally there to do nothing but stir up trouble. So, punishing the people actually there to discuss the topic by locking it is pretty counter intuitive in my mind.

But, whatever.

"Records up"

"ordered"

"ordered"

"snagged"

"shipping notice!"

"mine shipped!"

"I got shipping too!"

This is the way it has always been done previous to the board becoming a turd sandwich back in 2013