PO: Star Wars: The Force Awakens OST (John Williams) and Original Trilogy on Colored Vinyl

slinch

Eh, I disagree. It feels like the majority of the prequel trilogy is made up of characters having boring political discussions while sitting on couches or taking slow walks in front of a blue screen. That really isn't what makes Star Wars "Star Wars" for me. 

Yes, you can pick certain parts out of the prequels that are okay, but I really do think they miss the point of why people loved the original movies in the first place. The originals had likable and memorable characters with actual personalities, a simple, yet effective plot, and lightsaber duels that actually had some meaning behind them. I mean I guess the Darth Maul fight was pretty well choreographed. But in the prequels, the lightsaber battles are just emotionless, perfectly-choreographed, pointless action scenes for the most part. The last fight in Episode III could have been excellent but it last forever and took place in the most ridiculous setting. That lava surfing part is just laughable.

Then jump to the new movie. Yes, the plot is kind of "safe" and some parts are obviously taken from A New Hope. But the execution is so right compared to the prequels. The cast is fantastic and I actually care about the characters. The comedic moments are actually funny. The pacing is excellent and it feels like something is actually happening throughout the whole movie. From a story standpoint, it's actually very simple, which is engaging! No convoluted plot about trade federation blockades. And the lightsaber fights actually have emotional weight behind them. 

I'm going to have to see the movie again to give my full thoughts on the score. But the first minute of The Force Awakens feels more like Star Wars than the prequel trilogy ever did, in my opinion.

Yes the beginning of movie was promising, but the rest of the movie is illogical and stupid and repetative. And everything started to go downhill after the moment they've met >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>han>>

*SPOILERS*

The girl SUDDENLY learns how to mind control people(nobody tought her that) and pretty much sure, that jedi's learn to do that trick for years. And yeah she knows hot to control one of a kind ship)

The black guy(who lost fight to his ex comrade stormtrooper) nearly defeats sith lord(he's been wounded, yeah(and bleeding after being shot with lazer(!!!)) -> sith lord~stormtrooper

Han solo dies without drama in a very stupid way. Han Solo shoots first? Dont think so.

Main villain shows his face without drama.

And this is just peak of iceberg.

Bla bla

Bla bla

*END OF SPOILERS*

Not mentioning, that this movie is relaunch of original saga with philosophy MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER AND SIMPLE(like it was with Jurrasic World).

I'm sure, that if this movie had original story it would be movie of the year. But it doesn't.

About prequels:they've tried to make them "mature/smart" and to make kids like it at the same time. But failed.

Also listened to soundtrack. May be I will pick it when it will be $20-25.

*SPOILERS*

The girl SUDDENLY learns how to mind control people(nobody tought her that) and pretty much sure, that jedi's learn to do that trick for years. And yeah she knows hot to control one of a kind ship)

The black guy(who lost fight to his ex comrade stormtrooper) nearly defeats sith lord(he's been wounded, yeah(and bleeding after being shot with lazer(!!!)) -> sith lord~stormtrooper

Han solo dies without drama in a very stupid way. Han Solo shoots first? Dont think so.

Main villain shows his fase without drama.

Bla bla

Bla bla

*END OF SPOILERS*

SPOILERS

At the end of A New Hope, Luke is able to shoot down some incredible narrow shaft that's akin to basically winning the lottery... blind. Not sure how this scenario is that much less of a leap than Rey clumsily maneuvering her way through the mind trick. Her learning was certainly accelerated, but I really liked how Kylo was her unintentional teacher as you could slowly see her learn things as he would try to them to her.

Finn was absolutely getting his ass handed to him by Kylo. He was able to nudge back a few times but that's it. And let's wait for his backstory to declare he's just some stormtrooper with a heart of gold, could be more to it.

"Main villain shows face without any drama" - breath of fresh air to me. The questions this posed, ie "Oh he isn't deformed, why is he wearing the mask? Intimidation? To hide his identity? Solely to mimic Vader?" is at lest different than the typical "How did he get so deformed?!"

Yes the beginning of movie was promising, but the rest of the movie is illogical and stupid and repetative. And everything started to go downhill after the moment they've met >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>han>>

*SPOILERS*

Main villain shows his fase without drama.

Bla bla

Bla bla

*END OF SPOILERS*

Not mentioning, that this movie is relaunch of original saga with philosophy MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER AND SIMPLE(like it was with Jurrasic World).

I'm sure, that if this movie had original story it would be movie of the year. But it doesn't.

About prequels:they've tried to make them "mature/smart" and to make kids like it at the same time. But failed.

Also listened to soundtrack. May be I will pick it when it will be $20-25.

it must be a bummer to think so small.

Obviously there's more to these characters than we know. If you saw E IV in 1977, you didn't know Luke was vadar's son, or that Luke and Leia were twins, or who yoda is. While this movie parallels episode IV, there are tons of little details that open speculation to new stories and twists that will be revealed in the sequels. Stop trying to have everything figured out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...