The 30 best vinyl reissues of 2015

In terms of sheer demand and finished product being pretty damn close to the original, I was looking for TRON: Legacy and Sigur Ros's Takk...

Or are those just simply represses? Is there a difference?

difference between repress, reissue, and remaster explained: 

http://waxtimes.com/repress-reissue-and-remaster-explained/

Not on one. I was just letting him know he didn't need to feel bad for expressing his opinion.

You can stop following me from thread to thread anytime now though.

Considering I've been here longer, maybe it's you following me? Just because people read and post in the same threads doesn't mean anyone is following anyone else around.

finally a recommendation! gonna download now.

get ready for some weird shit. Sir Richard Bishop is out there. Also, fun fact: Sun City is a retirement community out in AZ, pretty much, so they're name basically alludes to them being old ladies. I second the worth a listen, its just so in its own class.

Never heard of any of this.  Guess that means I'm not pretentious enough.

Had you heard of The Beatles before you heard of The Beatles? Obviously not. Are you now "pretentious" now that you know about The Beatles? I'd guess not. You don't have to be pretentious to be interested in music you've never heard before. 

so, no one here can recommend any of these albums?

I can recommend a few. Actually, I'm going to start a world beat/world music recommendation thread after I post this.

People have already mentioned Sun City Girls. They had a long and interesting run that began along side other Phoenix punk bands like J.F.A. but I wouldn't call SCG a punk band. Their discography is rather large but favorites tend to be Torch of the Mystics and 330,003 Crossdressers From Beyond The Rig Veda. I also really like Sumatran Electric Chair. They're not for everyone but if you're a fan of Middle Eastern or West African music or The Residents---then give them a try.

Even though I love Krautrock, I'm not a huge fan of Harmonia. But I really like and recommend picking up Deluxe. Harmonia was Michael Rother from Neu! and Moebius and Roedelius from Cluster. This means lots of electronic/synth sounds and beats with some guitar for punctuation. Brian Eno was a huge fan and joined them/ripped them off at one point. The box set mentioned is really for the true fan but if Harmonia sounds interesting then I suggest you start with Deluxe.

The record I can't recommend enough is Tribo Massahi. If you like Brazilian psych or Fela Kuti, I suggest you grab this. It has been on heavy rotation around here the last few weeks. While the record is broken into songs, each side sounds like a long jam session that flows seamlessly from one song to the next without interruption. I found a copy for $22 on Discogs which is close to cost. It retails in the $35 range.

While I know and like Don Cherry, I'm not familiar with this release especially since it has never been released. Cherry played with Ornette Coleman and Charlie Haden. He put out records under his own name as well. He's also the father of Neneh and Eagle-Eye Cherry. If you like jazz, then check him out.

The Popol Vuh record is also highly recommended. Another Krautrock band that's really just Florian Fricke and a host of collaborators, Popol Vuh is like nothing else. While Krautrock tends to be associated with synthesizers, Fricke moved away from electronica early on and developed his own sound. This record is a beautiful and dramatic soundscape that is both moody and moving.

I almost forgot about Doug Hream Blunt. I picked up a two song 12" single last spring that left me wanting more. Blunt creates a funky groove and delivers sexy lyrics with a laid back tone that don't sound dated especially if you dig Ariel Pink. The 12" is a remix so I'm not sure what blunt creates without being mixed by someone else but I'm definitely checking out the full length.

I'm not sure about the rest of the list but I may check out a few.