PO: *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo - 2xLP Purple - 3rd Pressing

a0523566818_16.jpg

// Artist: *shels

// Album: Plains of the Purple Buffalo

// Format: 2xLP 12"

// Color: Purple

// Run size: /300

// Release date: TBA - Needs /100 preorders.

// Price: $25 + Shipping

// Bonus: digital download included.

// For fans of: Ancients, pg.lost, Ef

// Pre order here: http://www.shelsmusic.com/label/cds.php

// Listen here: https://shelsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/plains-of-the-purple-buffalo

// Per Facebook:

"Never thought this day would come - absolutely humbled and grateful for the response to this record - it means so much to us that it has been heard, shared and enjoyed and so, here goes...

The 3rd Pressing of "Plains of the Purple Buffalo" on Limited Edition Vinyl is now available for pre-order at www.shelsmusic.com

As with the pre-vious 2 pressings, we'll need 100 pre-orders to make this happen - and we'll keep you updated with the numbers - and as always - let us know your ideas and what you'd like to see different in this pressing. Sending everyone out there mucho love and thanks for all the support through-out this journey over the years - can't tell you how motivating and inspiring it is, especially while working on the new album - can't wait to make our 3rd album our best yet.

As with the previous two pressings - only 300 copies will be pressed and we ship worldwide so grab one while you can!

*shels"

// "Plains Of The Purple Buffalo is quite simply a breath of fresh air. It is so refreshingly upbeat and pleasing to listen to. While never being overwhelming or too much for the listener, not a dull moment can be found within this album. *Shels certainly knew what they were doing, and they did it well upon this release. Everything falls into order, and the whole LP flows seamlessly."

// This post rock masterpiece has been out of print for a while now. Make sure to grab this is you don't have a copy. They are also working on a new album that should be out later next year (2016).

Favorite track:

I have a marble as well, Matt, and I'm not terrible crazy about the way it looks. (Sounds great from what I recall, though.) A haze or color-in-color featuring shades of purple would be awesome. They hit it out of the park with that *Ancients variant.

Same. I'm not a fan of marbles in general. At least this purple wasn't a nightmare like Set & Setting's last album pressing. You're right about that Ancients pressing. Glad they have their own label to do what they want. Plus the jazz jacket was a nice touch. A light purple with a dark purple blob would be pretty dope. Fingers crossed it's more than just a solid. If it is I think I'll grab a second copy.

I am down to participate if enough people are after this. 

Which they should be because this album is fucking amazing.

Agreed on both points. After we have just 4 people on board shipping is almost 50% cheaper. Also, if there's other people looking for other records from Shelsmusic (which they also should), it's a no brainer. I don't think there's any rush to get an order in either, so we can give it some time to see who's interested. I'd be okay with taking the helm on this one too.

Love this album.  I'd be interested if anyone in Canada (ON in particular) wants to do this.  No point in jumping in to get it shipped to the US and paying for shipping from there.

Or if any of you with an earlier pressing want to get this new one instead, I'd gladly take the old off your hands.