2016 \\ Hype Edition

Derek™

With only a few weeks of December left, I figured it'd be cool to share and discuss some of the releases you're anticipating to drop next year.  If you have a broad taste in music, you're aware that there's usually quite a bit to keep up with, and that new stuff can sometimes sprout up without much notice.  I've found myself completely surprised by a casual mention that so-and-so are in the studio, set to release an album in the Fall, etc.  Hopefully this thread can share some of that excitement and alert similar fans to releases they weren't otherwise privy to.

Feel free to discuss what you'd like to see, but please avoid turning this thread into a 2016 wishlist.  If you can limit your "official" submissions to artists who've either set a release date, are in the studio, are projected to release new material in the next year, or have otherwise teased 2016 material... that'd be great.  Let's try to avoid adding Brand New to any hype lists on account of "being overdue" to drop an album.

Here's what I've got so far, personally.

• Appleseed Cast // Writing in studio.

• Balam Acab: Child Death //Currently being mastered.

• Bon Iver // Recently debuted new material, live – first since 2011.

• Brambles // New album "close to completion" since April.

• Daughter: Not To Disappear – January 15th

• Deftones // Should have been released at the end of 2015, honestly.

• Do Make Say Think // Most mixing and tracking completed since June.

• DIIV: Is The Is Are – February 5th

• Enemies // New single debuted in August.  Really thought we'd get a new album before 2016.

• Explosions In The Sky // Posted a trailer-teaser and claimed to be "coming out of hibernation" in November.

• If These Trees Could Talk // Mixing, as of November.

• Mamiffer: The World Unseen – March 16th

• Minor Victories // "80% recorded", as of September, per Stuart Braithwaite.

• Nothing: Tired Of Tomorrow – "Spring"

• Russian Circles // Still in Kurt Ballou's studio, as of today.

• Sumac // Recording as of November.

• Swans // New album currently slated for April release.  No title or release date confirmed.

• Thrice // Posted a "NEW ALBUM – 2016" photo on November 23rd.

• Wild Nothing: Life Of Pause – February 19th

• The Wrens // Received mastered copy of album back in July.

• Yndi Halda: Under Summer – March

And you?

• Bloc Party - Hymns (January 29th)

The Black Queen - Fever Daydream (February 5th)

Crosses have been posting in-studio pictures, so hopefully we will see something in 2016

Autolux - with a new record label and a new single, I'm thinking we will see a new album in 2016

Now Now are in the studio, and...

Tancred's new album teaser has me looking forward to that (Spring 2016)

O'Brother - Early 2016

Love this thread.

• relient K - Air For Free (coming early 2016)
  • Chris Keene (of Surrogate) - Solo EP (been in the studio awhile now, songs on soundcloud)
  • Heartsounds - New album
  • Anchor & Braille - Songs for the late night drive home (Out february)
  • Brian Fallon - New album (out early 2016)
  • Play Attenchon - New album (drums have been recorded)
  • Belvedere - New album (will be out on Bird Attack)
  • Honolulu Breakdown - New EP (songs are being mixed)
  • From The Tracks - Get Worse (songs are being mixed)
  • Terrafraid - Two new albums (coming out at the same time, if I have understood correctly)

You guys covered most of mine. But I'll add...

This Will Destroy You (recently posted some in studio pics on IG...vocals apparently??)

Manisnotabird (Looks like they're quick to follow up this year's album)

Happy Body Slow Brain (No idea what happened here. Thought for sure this was happening in 2015.)

You May Die In the Desert (See HBSB)

Owel (Next band to really blow up??)

Coastlands (Liked their 2015 stuff. They seem to be hyping the next album pretty good.)

- Being a huge Gaslight fan, I'm really stoked on the Fallon solo record. From the bit of live material I've heard, it sounds like the songwriting has gotten substantially better; and I didn't hear him say either 'blood' or 'radio' once.

- Austin Lucas has been consistently putting out one great release after the next, with each record sounding bigger than the last. I'm really excited to hear what he's got for 2016.

- Like everyone else, after hearing Bon Iver tease new tunes live, I have since kept my fingers perpetually crossed for new music on the way.

- I discovered Pallbearer around the end of last year and spent the majority of the beginning of 2015 submerged in both of their releases. With their sophomore effort trumping their already amazing debut record, I can't wait to hear their third album.

- Where have those kids in Crusdes been since 2013? I'm hoping they've been busy writing and working on a new album for 2016.

- Love Comes Close was such a stellar record and Wes Eisley has been one of my favorite lyricists since American Nightmare. He's teased with single 7" here and there since Love, though each one is a stripped down version of Cold Cave that lacks the fullness and melodic songwriting that came with Love that I'm hoping will see a return next year.

- Travis Barker told the Twitterverse that there will be a new Blink 182 effort in 2016. Blink meets Matt Skiba and a 19 year old version of me doesn't know how to react, in a very good way. 32 year old me is just as stoked.

A few not mentioned yet:

Crusades - No Idea mentioned this was in the works

Bouncing Souls - Pete's IG account showed him and Bryan working on new songs. Maybe?

PUP - S1D / the band mentioned this was in the works

Cayetana - Mike Park mentioned Asian Man was putting out a 7" for them early next year

If Burial doesn't release something in 2016 I quit music.

Burial - past due - said he had a bunch of shit to release in 2014/5 and nothing came.

Demdike Stare - these guys are past due

The Caretaker - about due

Raime - should be coming 2016

Haxan Cloak - these guys have been writing for ages...

Forest Swords - been 2 years since Engravings cmonnnn

Tropic of Cancer - should have an LP...

Radiohead

Chromatics - Dear Tommy

Run The Jewels - RTJ 3 

James Blake - Radio Silence

Deftones

Glassjaw

Brand New

Saosin (I'll try it...)

Radiohead were in the studio as far back as 2014 recording LP9

I'm still intrigued about the "weird" followup Modest Mouse album even though Strangers wasn't good.

Night School LP is dropping early 2016. That's gonna be preeeeety great.

New John Galm LP is definitely coming, his last LP crushed my soul.

Dreamend's new LP is recorded but probably won't drop until around October.

Everything else I'm anticipating has been covered I think.