Mixtape Trade Thread

That's a tall order Andy. Even with mix CDs in the late 90's nobody went through that much to make one for a friend. The most you did was draw a dick on it with a sharpie and maybe put a sticker on the case haha.

I can't imagine anyone here would just write the names on the insert of a blank and that's it. All I'm saying is maybe don't exclude people who don't have time to go all out with it.

I never drew dicks on CDs. I honestly didn't think of drawing dicks on anything till I saw that scene in Superbad

It could be a mix of sources. I'm aiming for vinyl to tape until I get a second deck. It'll be however you want to make it.

Secret Santa is fine, but I thought we could just ask others. For example:

I am requesting a mixtape of your favorite bands/ favorite songs.

Or

I would like a tape of lesser known bands/ artists who you think should be heard.

I'm open to any musical styling, but my preferences are punk, folk, "indie," prog, and anything by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Some of my favorite bands are: Coheed, Against Me, Lawrence Arms, Conor Oberst/ Bright Eyes, Trampled by Turtles, Brand New, Modest Mouse, ATDI, The Decemberists, and TWIABP.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Note: I also think it should be at least 10 songs. Basically the length of an average LP, but if you want to go all 1999 compilation CD style with 20 tracks that's cool too.

Also, please note: I'm under a delay due to lack of tapes, so you guys get started if you're interested.

I just really wanted to get a thread going because it's a great idea (thanks Andy!) and I'm currently unemployed having just finished student teaching. I'm bored as fuck.

I updated the original post with a list of people interested and whatnot. I'll work on grabbing some tapes and throwing myself on there. In the meantime feel free to make some rad ass mixtapes (or really lame ones)! 

Just comment or PM me if you are partnered up and I'll strikethrough your name for now.

Let the dubbing commence.

Edit: found a tape! I'm "erasing now," but it can go out soon! 

andy.

do you still want to partner up or do you already have one for now?

this is a great idea! i am interested in participating but is there a dead line for this or anything? im a dad so finding free time can be tricky and i dont want to cause any problems if it takes a little while to get it made. is somebody pairing folks up or do we just figure it out ourselves?

this is a great idea! i am interested in participating but is there a dead line for this or anything? im a dad so finding free time can be tricky and i dont want to cause any problems if it takes a little while to get it made. is somebody pairing folks up or do we just figure it out ourselves?

Nope. Just work it out with your trade buddy. I myself have no time and I'm unemployed and not a father. :)

I updated the original post with a list of people interested and whatnot. I'll work on grabbing some tapes and throwing myself on there. In the meantime feel free to make some rad ass mixtapes (or really lame ones)!

Just comment or PM me if you are partnered up and I'll strikethrough your name for now.

Let the dubbing commence.

Edit: found a tape! I'm "erasing now," but it can go out soon!

andy.

do you still want to partner up or do you already have one for now?

I'm I too late to call dibs on $40?

Vinyl to tape would be cool but I'm sure you some jazzy spiffy decks/wires/table to do all that stuff.

It's pretty easy. Phono into receiver, receiver line out into deck. Just mess around till you get it.

That's what I'm doing, vinyl to tape. Maybe a cd too, depending on what people want.

If andy passes I am free for partnering, but he called dibs in the Brand New thread (or somewhere).

I like a lot of different stuff. Who wants to trade mixtapes with meee?

eriiiiiiik make me a cool mix and show me all the vaporwave and other nice stuff i'm missing out on and I will make you one of stuff I adore

I am very down! Who wants to trade mixtapes with me? ;)

Would love to with you as well friend :D

edit:

I have four blank tapes.

$40 has claimed one. Message me your address if you'd like to claim one of the other three. You don't have to send one in return if you can't do so right now. It's the holidays so just think of it as an early present  ;)

Just seeing this. Would love a mix from ya, andy! 

It's pretty easy. Phono into receiver, receiver line out into deck. Just mess around till you get it.

That's what I'm doing, vinyl to tape. Maybe a cd too, depending on what people want.

If andy passes I am free for partnering, but he called dibs in the Brand New thread (or somewhere).

No receiver. I'm a poor folk.

Cool. Glad to see errrbody is so into this.

I have most of Andy's completed today. When I get more cassettes, I'll make some more. Most of mine will be completely different. 

yo i made a supa-hot-fire mixtape a few months ago called  girls if yinz wanna copy hit me up i got a ton of tapes with sunday school lessons on them i can tape over 

rIL9ygg.jpg

I'll take one :)