Mixtape Trade Thread

• 2 months later...

This is a great idea! I'd totally be down to trade a mixtape with some tracks from my favorite local artists from my area (rock sub-genres) for a tape of other artists from one of y'alls' area. I'm always looking for a new small band to listen to, and it seems like a great way to get the 'local' bands discovered elsewhere. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 0:10 AM, MyckelJay said:

This is a great idea! I'd totally be down to trade a mixtape with some tracks from my favorite local artists from my area (rock sub-genres) for a tape of other artists from one of y'alls' area. I'm always looking for a new small band to listen to, and it seems like a great way to get the 'local' bands discovered elsewhere. 

Unfortunately, I only know a few local bands here and a few from where I grew up. This is a cool take on it. I'm sure someone else would be better equipped to help you out than I am. I could do it, but it would be pretty sparse and all punk.

7 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Unfortunately, I only know a few local bands here and a few from where I grew up. This is a cool take on it. I'm sure someone else would be better equipped to help you out than I am. I could do it, but it would be pretty sparse and all punk.

That's cool. Punk is great. My area is basically all pop-punk with a few post hardcore bands here and there. I love my local music scene. I'm always down to share their music. 

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Sweet. No rush, it'll take me some time to get it made. Nothing fancy from me. Just oldschool mixtapes. I usually have to spend a solid 2-3 hours making it. 

Awesome. No rush on your part either. I can't promise wonderful sound quality, but I'm gonna try my best. 

is it basically music the person who is making it is into or whats

cause im almost done getting a receiver and what not, well maybe but i can probably still make one soon

but im not into a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this sub

cause im almost done getting a receiver and what not, well maybe but i can probably still make one soon

but im not into a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this sub

9 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Sweet. No rush, it'll take me some time to get it made. Nothing fancy from me. Just oldschool mixtapes. I usually have to spend a solid 2-3 hours making it. 

I got the art worked finished, the tape is recorded. It's ready to be sent. Just DM me whenever you finish yours and we'll exchange addresses. I'm so hype. 

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have any experience printing double sided j-cards? Whenever I print it myself or have it done at FedEx Office, the covers don't align properly and end up looking like trash when they're cut. I tried offsetting a side and got somewhat close but it was a lot of trial and error and very tedious. Any tips for a better process?  I've been using duplication.ca's j-card template if that helps.