PO: Hands Like Houses - Dissonants 2/26/16

But Ground Dweller, if they could just get that pressed I'd be ecstatic.

I know so many people have tried to push for it. There's always been something so therapeutic about this band for me. I've never owned any of their material, but they have a few songs that I'll always visit on Youtube. I'll keep this album on my radar.

I'll be checking this out. Unimagine was incredibly underwhelming for me, but Ground Dweller, I think, is one of the best albums Rise has put out in a long time. If they could just get that pressed I'd be ecstatic.

I have never found someone who feels the exact same way I do. Everyone praises Unimagine. I understand the complaints about the production on Ground Dweller. But it's still a phenomenal album. Leagues ahead of Unimagine. Here's to hoping the new one is more like GD.

And yes, GD NEEDS a pressing.

I have never found someone who feels the exact same way I do. Everyone praises Unimagine. I understand the complaints about the production on Ground Dweller. But it's still a phenomenal album. Leagues ahead of Unimagine. Here's to hoping the new one is more like GD.

And yes, GD NEEDS a pressing.

100% with you here. HLH really had something going with Ground Dweller. Three years after its release I still love listening to it, and I find something new to love in it every time I pop in the CD. I've probably listened to "Starving to Death..." dozens of times, and it's still one of my favorite tracks to come out of this decade so far. Unimagine just felt like they pulled back and kept everything very cookie-cutter. Even the vocals all stay within the same range. One of the main reasons I think GD has real staying power is that every track has its own unique flavor, whereas, with Unimagine, it's like ten tracks of the exact same song until you hit "Fire on a Hill" (which is, admittedly, a great tune).

• 2 months later...

Finally gave this a spin last night. Wasn't that impressed. It's not bad, but nothing really stood out either. Might have to listen to it a few more times. Curious what other people thought of it.

Also, the record is pretty thin and flimsy. And I didn't think the sound quality was that good either. Anyone else think the sound quality was below par?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...