2015 big purchases or white whale finds

jhook

I spent the entire year trying to acclimate myself to the DC cost of living, so not a whole lot of white whales or big purchases were spent this year; however, I did get a copy of that Limbeck record that I've wanted for years. Sure, it was a repress, but I was stoked.

Good luck. DC's expensive as hell. I moved to LA and it's noticeably cheaper.

I got the first two near the beginning of 2015, and the latter during the summer:

As Cities Burn "Son I Loved You At Your Darkest" Split Red/Coke Bottle #100

Underoath "Define The Great Line" 2xLP #3000

Underoath "They're Only Chasing Safety" FIRST PRESS GOLD #100

Ironically, I sold them all within 2015 as well... ACB because I need some quick cash (and I really regret) and the two UO I sold for some "allowance money" and the upcoming reunion tour VIP package (w/vinyl).

Someone please sell me that ACB back :( ...

One is a noise tape that is out of 25 and still sealed (the last piece I need to complete the artist's collection for me.

The other is an old death metal demo

what was the demo?  I have a ton of old awesome fucking demos.

Throneaeon - Carnage

Diabolic - City of the Dead

Vader - Morbid Reich

those are the big 3 I have.  Also some Insision demos which are fucking legit.  

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest buys for me this year were:

Saves the Day - In Reverie.

Hayden - Skyscraper National Park, Moving Careful, The Closer I Get, and Everything I Long For.

Rachael Yamagata - Elephants... Teeth Sinking Into Heart.

None of these come up super frequently and I happened to land almost all of them at a reasonable price.

Had a pretty good year in general, picked up a ton of Less Than Jake stuff early on in the year. By far the white whale of LTJ stuff for me was getting the Better Class of Losers Cassette tape at Wake and Bake for a very reasonable price. In all my years trying to get either version of the tape, I've only seen one come up and couldn't afford it at the time.

And another tough but awesome find was the original 6ft 10" gatefold of Murder by Death's In Boca Al Lupo, also for a reasonable price. And then a couple months later the band announced a repress with the crazy gatefold haha.