Am I just tripping out on this eBay sale? Opinions needed

So I had an item listed as Buy It Now and an international seller bought it. I could've sworn eBay had it set up so Buy it Now you had to pretty much pay right away (not just adding to cart but actually having to check out)

So 24 hours passed he's in Germany btw, so I give him a full 24 before I decide to message him since I'm new to this whole pay later on Buy it Now, now. So I kindly let him know, I'm stoked for the sale, I'm ready to ship whenever he can pay. 

Another 24 hours passes, so I message again, that I haven't heard back from him, I'd love to hear from him so I can either repost the item if he's decided he wanted to back out for any reason (I think it was a reasonable question and the whole Buy it Now delay is weirding me out at this point)

For more context dude has over 2,000 Stars on eBay and a member since 1999 and nothing for sale, purely a buyer it looks like.

He responds maybe 12 hours later: "Hey, to be honest I didn t noticed the extra costs for the customs and thought I would have stopped the buying in time. But I see now I didn t. My bad. I ll send the payment now even if it s more than I thought."

I respond: "
Yeah I don't know why eBay just doesn't display it differently for intl. I'll throw in some free stuff to make it worth while if you decide you want it still. Thee Oh See's and other stuff I find"

Then he responds in a new font at about 10:46PM for him which was like maybe 12pm PST USA: "
I'll try tomorrow. Tried to pay but it said not possible to ship to my address. Tried from my mobile. Maybe it's different from the computer. 

-- 
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet."(exactly this font, times new roman or something)

So I lastly responded: 

"That's strange you have many purchases on eBay that sucks that out of the blue it doesn't recognize you address. Should I send the item cancellation?"

And this is where we are at. I did sent the cancellation just in case. But I'm wondering, is this guy giving me the run around? If so wtf why? I'm weirded out at two things. He has great feedback and doesn't give out negative feedback, but why would he not be able to pay for international all of a sudden.

Why wouldn't he, as a buyer not want to settle the situation asap? I don't know about you but when I go for a purchase I'm dead set on and pulling the trigger, I'm pulling the trigger until I hear the pop. Do you think this guy is pulling me along? (It's happened to me before some guy Best Offered me, I accepted, he claimed he had bank problems and what not and made me wait up to a week before I called his BS after looking him up online and finding he was a prominent record buyer and saw others left him feedback with him as a buyer within time frames so had to call up eBay to settle the cancel order)

this is why if I ever use the "Buy It Now" option I set it to Immediately, if I were you I'd give him till the weekend to pay or cancel the transaction and move on

Does that option still exist? I have not seen it since their latest site update a while back. Maybe I'm blind though, and I don't sell nearly as much as I used to.

You don't need to pay right away with Buy It Now either. I often man good deals from my phone but pay the next day or Monday from work. I don't store my PayPal log-in information on my phone.

I think, if anything, he might be using an excuse for the last bit but who knows. I'd just refund or cancel and move on.

Sucks really. In the end it was a win win. He was surprised with International Payment fees to begin with (that I have no control over listing and have no clue what those rates are) he went ahead and canceled.

Does that option still exist? I have not seen it since their latest site update a while back. Maybe I'm blind though, and I don't sell nearly as much as I used to.

I only see the option on the initial Mobile Set Up  even then you have to click around like a maniac under payment options. It's also available on the Desktop view. (Which there are 2 views, one after you set up with Mobile which looks busy as fuck and then another view where it's a lot cleaner looking if you purely set up with Desktop to begin with with no Mobile Editing or intervening.