Tears in "new" record sleeves

Narwhal

You gotta decide whether you want to spend the rest of your life worrying over every possible defect a record can incur from production to retail to the post man to your front door OR whether you want to enjoy collecting and save your mental energy for listening to the music (or some happy medium in between).  

I tend to side with customers more often than not but I do think some people use record collecting as a therapeutic means of exerting control over a pretty uncontrollable reality.  It can feel soothing to obsess over meaningless stuff like that phantom pop that you might sorta hear if you put your ear up close to the speaker and play that same intro 24 times or that corner bend that is visible when you put it under that one table lamp in the hallway.  It can also make you feel like you are in control when you rant to customer support and on message boards about minor defects like seam splits or corner dings and how UNACCEPTABLE they are.

You gotta decide whether you want to spend the rest of your life worrying over every possible defect a record can incur from production to retail to the post man to your front door OR whether you want to enjoy collecting and save your mental energy for listening to the music (or some happy medium in between).

I tend to side with customers more often than not but I do think some people use record collecting as a therapeutic means of exerting control over a pretty uncontrollable reality. It can feel soothing to obsess over meaningless stuff like that phantom pop that you might sorta hear if you put your ear up close to the speaker and play that same intro 24 times or that corner bend that is visible when you put it under that one table lamp in the hallway. It can also make you feel like you are in control when you rant to customer support and on message boards about minor defects like seam splits or corner dings and how UNACCEPTABLE they are.

Yawn.

I tend to side with customers more often than not but I do think some people use record collecting as a therapeutic means of exerting control over a pretty uncontrollable reality.  It can feel soothing to obsess over meaningless stuff like that phantom pop that you might sorta hear if you put your ear up close to the speaker and play that same intro 24 times or that corner bend that is visible when you put it under that one table lamp in the hallway.  It can also make you feel like you are in control when you rant to customer support and on message boards about minor defects like seam splits or corner dings and how UNACCEPTABLE they are.

Wait, where's the joke?

I'm pretty sure I've seen a hole like that on records from bands other than Brand New.  But I'm not too sure since I only have Brand New records.

So do you have to buy an adapter or something to fill in those center holes if you want to make a bowl out of them?

I returned my beautiful green Daisy because it had a hole in the middle and the guy at Hot Hopic apologized profusely. He said it might have been an accident in the warehouse.

If I recall, there was an issue at Hot Topic where they were punching the anti-theft devices through records.