Anyone else have a problem with this record sounding bad?

Recently, I bought the Newbury Comics colored vinyl exclusive album Whenever, If Ever by The World Is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die.  I took the album out of its shrink wrap, put it on the platter, dropped the needle, and it sounded terrible!  The record was scratchy & noisy, and sounded like it was an old beater found at a flea market!  I tried cleaning the record, but it still sounded awful, and I also made sure it wasn't just my turntable.   Does anyone else have problems with this record being noisy?  Or did I just get a bad pressing?

Link to the record: https://www.newburycomics.com/products/the-world-is-a-beautiful-place-and-i-am-no-longer-afraid-to-die-whenever-if-ever-lp-vinyl?variant=4629280131

Never heard the band but if its rock and if its cut straight from a CD by random dude x, it will sound bad.

Sometimes mastering and cutting the record is a bigger art than the music itself.

I've owned and spun 7 variants of this album. None of them sounded like the description in the OP.

Have you tried to clean it? A good wet clean might do wonders for it.

A copy of the Caspian exclusive I got from them sounded like shit, and turned out to just be a bad copy.

Yeah they might have just ripped it from a CD but don't know. If you can get a refund I would and then just buy it from Topshelf themselves. They still have copies for $12 and strangely enough even the Newburry comics press for $15. http://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/518874-the-world-is-a-beautiful-place-i-am-no-longer-afraid-to-die-whenever-if-ever

Yeah they might have just ripped it from a CD but don't know. If you can get a refund I would and then just buy it from Topshelf themselves. They still have copies for $12 and strangely enough even the Newburry comics press for $15. http://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/518874-the-world-is-a-beautiful-place-i-am-no-longer-afraid-to-die-whenever-if-ever

Certainly not CD sourced. It's just an exclusive color for newbury, still pressed the same.

Recently, I bought the Newbury Comics colored vinyl exclusive album Whenever, If Ever by The World Is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die.  I took the album out of its shrink wrap, put it on the platter, dropped the needle, and it sounded terrible!  The record was scratchy & noisy, and sounded like it was an old beater found at a flea market!  I tried cleaning the record, but it still sounded awful, and I also made sure it wasn't just my turntable.   Does anyone else have problems with this record being noisy?  Or did I just get a bad pressing?

Link to the record: https://www.newburycomics.com/products/the-world-is-a-beautiful-place-and-i-am-no-longer-afraid-to-die-whenever-if-ever-lp-vinyl?variant=4629280131

Easiest solution to this problem, just ask for another one. 

Also, if you plan on being a part of this community, please don't title your posts like some buzzfeed asshole. 

xoxo

Easiest solution to this problem, just ask for another one. 

Also, if you plan on being a part of this community, please don't title your posts like some buzzfeed asshole. 

xoxo

When He Got Home He Noticed A Problem With His New Vinyl Record - You Won't Believe What It Was!