Kevin Devine: Kevermind Lathe cut 2LP 1 of a Kind

mootloot

Hey guys, I know there were some questions about the quality so I felt the best way to answer them would be to have Chris Bracco (who played on and produced the album) give his opinion.. Here is what he had to say:

"To give you as much info as possible, and be as detailed as possible without you hearing the actual album please note the following. Overall i think it sounds great. The high end and low end are pretty close to the original mixes and it isn't extra compressed or limited. I also have NOT noticed much distortion on the "s" sounds as is common many pressed vinyl records that aren't mastered or pressed properly. This is definitely a pressing that you can listen to and not be distracted by the sound quality. The only issue I hear is at the quietest parts before the music starts. There is a slight hum but it is not noticeable when the music is playing. I hope this info is helpful but please remember this is a handmade, unique and rare/special item with the proceeds going to a great cause. I honestly believe you'll love and appreciate this album as much as I and the 3 other owners of it do."

Thanks

Dubin

Hey guys, I know there were some questions about the quality so I felt the best way to answer them would be to have Chris Bracco (who played on and produced the album) give his opinion.. Here is what he had to say:

"To give you as much info as possible, and be as detailed as possible without you hearing the actual album please note the following. Overall i think it sounds great. The high end and low end are pretty close to the original mixes and it isn't extra compressed or limited. I also have NOT noticed much distortion on the "s" sounds as is common many pressed vinyl records that aren't mastered or pressed properly. This is definitely a pressing that you can listen to and not be distracted by the sound quality. The only issue I hear is at the quietest parts before the music starts. There is a slight hum but it is not noticeable when the music is playing. I hope this info is helpful but please remember this is a handmade, unique and rare/special item with the proceeds going to a great cause. I honestly believe you'll love and appreciate this album as much as I and the 3 other owners of it do."

Thanks

Dubin

thanks buddy.

I hope whoever wins the item actually follows through and pays for the item. I hate it when eBay auctions, especially those going towards charity, don't get fulfilled by the winning bidder. It usually happens with those auctions that end in absurd prices. 

Crazy that it actually ended at $700!!! My max mid was $100. Got crushed. 

I hope whoever wins the item actually follows through and pays for the item. I hate it when eBay auctions, especially those going towards charity, don't get fulfilled by the winning bidder. It usually happens with those auctions that end in absurd prices. 

Crazy that it actually ended at $700!!! My max mid was $100. Got crushed. 

They did immediately.. After fees we donated $600 to Skinner's family.. The record shipped this morning!