Ugh am I paranoid?

Nothing will happen.

This reminds me of the time in 1996 my car was broken into. A friend had taken a photo of my bare ass because you know, I was 19. I took the photo once developed and stashed it in my glovebox. The morning I came to find my car broken into the stereo was gone and everything was gone through but that photo was propped up nicely on the drivers side seat. 

I was so broke and pissed but still laughed my head off. 

I put it back in the glovebox and forgot about it until my Dad borrowed my car six months later and was pulled over by a cop only to find it tucked into the same envelope with my registration. Awesome conversation came later.

What's the moral? I don't know but you reminded me of this story so why the hell not. Oh, don't sweat it too much and make your friend buy you a new drive. 

Nothing will happen.

This reminds me of the time in 1996 my car was broken into. A friend had taken a photo of my bare ass because you know, I was 19. I took the photo once developed and stashed it in my glovebox. The morning I came to find my car broken into the stereo was gone and everything was gone through but that photo was propped up nicely on the drivers side seat.

I was so broke and pissed but still laughed my head off.

I put it back in the glovebox and forgot about it until my Dad borrowed my car six months later and was pulled over by a cop only to find it tucked into the same envelope with my registration. Awesome conversation came later.

What's the moral? I don't know but you reminded me of this story so why the hell not. Oh, don't sweat it too much and make your friend buy you a new drive.

This was terrific and I love you. :)

I once had someone at airport security yell at me for having two lighters. Then he just threw my pink one over his shoulder.

Driving to Seattle two summers ago, border security had a drug dog search my car after they did an intensive search themselves. My friends and I had nothing, not even alcohol or cigarettes. The guy comes back in, "Hey, so we weren't able to find anything". No shit, there was nothing there. "I found a few lighters in your glovebox though, but you guys don't have any smokes...that seems a little fishy". Moral of the story: There isn't one, but apparently having 3 bics in your vehicle means you might be a criminal.

good to hear he found it as far as your paranoia goes, but for future reference, you can contact a credit agency (like experian), say your social security number was compromised and have them monitor it.  like if someone tries to fraudulently apply for a cell phone or credit card using your personal info, they'll call you first before approving it.  they do this for a certain short period of time (a few months to a year?  i forget), if you need them to monitor it longer, you file a police report and then submit that to the credit agencies.  i found out i could do this because my info was compromised in that anthem health insurance breach.  so there you go.

Always delete files before lending out flash drives, or encrypt the files you don't want others to see. Neither are full proof, but the run of the mill person who picks it up off the ground is not going to know how to recover the files/break the encryption.