Does anyone have a hook up @HopelessRecs for a TP

tweet this to the band! who knows, maybe theyll hook you up somehow with that missing TP.

I did!! They rewteeted it a few days back. The bassist might sell me a test of A Place of Our Own. He dm'd me on instagram last night. Most of the band knows who I am and how much I am into collecting them. The lead singer hooked me up with 2 test presses in that pic

The funny part is how the person who posted her email (maybe not the best choice, but who cares) politely asked that a bunch of people don't email her, since he was only posting it for the OP. Then, like 5 people proceed to post about emailing her. So if 5 people posted about it, she probably got 20 emails.

How hard is it to read and respond to/forward on/delete a few emails? Work email addresses in the first name@business name format are intended for that exact purpose (people that require a no-nonsense inbox typically have a more secretive system in place). It's not like this persons private phone number or home address has been given out and people are harassing them at home.

If anybody is genuinely pissed about having to field some emails where people are offering money for items they would like to purchase, well then, they should probably be sacked as that is a repulsively lazy attitude.

If anybody is genuinely pissed about having to field some emails where people are offering money for items they would like to purchase, well then, they should probably be sacked as that is a repulsively lazy attitude.

Offering money? Have you ever tried selling a record here?

You have a test press of a pressing out of 100 that retailed for $45?

59964549.jpg

Offering money? Have you ever tried selling a record here?

You have a test press of a pressing out of 100 that retailed for $45?

59964549.jpg

Then you would simply respond saying the offer would need to be significantly higher to be taken seriously or just delete the email (and block the email address if they keep contacting you repeatedly). I cannot even begin to get my head around how anybody could possibly think that passing on or shooting a message to a business email address about possibly making a purchase from said business is out of line.

I cannot even begin to get my head around how anybody could possibly think that passing on or shooting a message to a business email address about possibly making a purchase from said business is out of line.

"Sending unsolicited e-mails to a business account of someone who isn't in sales/distribution looking to buy items that aren't listed for sale" doesn't seem like something that should necessarily be encouraged.

"Sending unsolicited e-mails to a business account of someone who isn't in sales/distribution looking to buy items that aren't listed for sale" doesn't seem like something that should necessarily be encouraged.

I think queries relating to test pressings is more of a misc. request due to the fact that they are for the most part not-for-sale items. I just had a quick look at their website, and it sounds like she's the director of operations at Hopeless, and typically people in operations are the ones to go to for misc. requests, so shooting her an email about it is pretty acceptable. And as someone in operations this would be a great opportunity for her to get some details added to the FAQ about test pressing requests.

But that is all besides the point. The idea of fans wanting to give money to a record label/band for test pressings should never be seen as something to be annoyed or pissed off about, especially from somebody at a record label. It takes 2-5 seconds to glance at an email and if this person is truly annoyed about the idea of spending 2-5 seconds on somebody who wants to spend their hard earned money on a band they work with, that truly is HOPELESS (lol, get it?).

How hard is it to read and respond to/forward on/delete a few emails? Work email addresses in the first name@business name format are intended for that exact purpose (people that require a no-nonsense inbox typically have a more secretive system in place). It's not like this persons private phone number or home address has been given out and people are harassing them at home.

What's your email address?

I assure you that - while it may not have been difficult or time consuming - Erin hated having to even delete those emails. If a company doesn't offer to sell something, then it's generally not for sale!

You wouldn't email the VP of Operations of fucking Lowes because you wanted to buy a rake that wasn't on the website because that is 100% absurd.

I am not intending to shit on anyone because even Juan reached out (and I <3 Juan immensely), but like someone else said: if 5 people posted it, 20 people emailed her. I am also an anal retentive bastard who keeps his inbox completely empty/organized and between work, label and personal emails I field an insane amount of messages each day, so the thought of 20 useless ones bums me out.

You wouldn't email the VP of Operations of fucking Lowes because you wanted to buy a rake that wasn't on the website because that is 100% absurd.

There is a huge fucking difference between one of the worlds biggest hardware chains and Hopeless Records you doofus.

If a company doesn't offer to sell something, then it's generally not for sale!

Uhhhh, except that isn't true at all in this case. Most labels do not advertise test pressings as being for sale, but are likely very happy to work out a deal with anyone interested, or pass the email onto the members of the band if they do not have them (and then it's real likely they'd be stoked to offload some junk that's collecting dust for some $$$).

The idea of anybody working at a record label (no matter the size of the label, or position of the employee) being shitty about someone who is clearly a fan/supporter reaching out to them is B O N K E R S.

There is a huge fucking difference between one of the worlds biggest hardware chains and Hopeless Records you doofus.

Uhhhh, except that isn't true at all in this case. Most labels do not advertise test pressings as being for sale, but are likely very happy to work out a deal with anyone interested, or pass the email onto the members of the band if they do not have them (and then it's real likely they'd be stoked to offload some junk that's collecting dust for some $$$).

The idea of anybody working at a record label (no matter the size of the label, or position of the employee) being shitty about someone who is clearly a fan/supporter reaching out to them is B O N K E R S.

Sure thing, friend. I look forward to all of your posts in the test press threads boasting about how you scored them by randomly soliciting someone from a label having never talked to them before.

Cheers!

Wow, well aren't you ignorant.

I am also an anal retentive bastard who keeps his inbox completely empty/organized and between work, label and personal emails I field an insane amount of messages each day, so the thought of 20 useless ones bums me out.

i am too.

fuck. i feel really badly.

call me naive -- i thought people wouldn't abuse it the way they did. let people cross my bridge then promptly burned it.

i would omit her email in my original post but it was quoted by someone else, so that shit's in stone. eh, i'll delete it anyway... but shit.

c'mon, guys.

Dude you are the bomb. Ill hit her up after I get paid next week. I plan on offering her 200 for the test I want anyways. Dont have 200 rn

Thanks for this, sent her an email about my previous question about pressing info for the colored variant of Mustard Plug

would appreciate if you also omitted in your quotes of my post