Don't call it a comeback (Integrated amp thoughts)

After 1.5 years of living off savings acct, student handouts, and driving Uber, I've moved and started my new position at Baylor. I sold too much gear to survive. I'm currently left with my Rotel RA1062 and DacMagic.

I want to go simple. I want an integrated amp that has a Dac and phono stage. I have two current contenders...

Marantz PM7005 ($1k, though used/refurb $750) and Paraound Halo integrated ($2.5k). The Halo is what I want... but $2.5k is a tough one to swallow. I haven't really seen any used so far.

Anyone have any other insights? I'd like to stay under $2k. This will be driving my Sonus Faber 1.5s, and used for everything.

SIMPLICITY. That's the name of my game. All in one unit. Didn't you use the 7005?

I use a PM8004.  No digital input.  Right now I am using my Marantz SR5008 with the PM8004 in power amp mode for digital.

I really like the feature set on that Parasound integrated.  It's a pretty new offering from them so I wouldn't really expect to see a lot of used on the market.  I think AudioAdvisor is the outlet for Parasound refurbs.  They are worth keeping an eye on.

The Sprout is fine. I've definitely been considering it as a go-to recommendation for a good all-in-one solution in an entry-level setup now that they have the price in a more reasonable place. But ajxd is beyond entry-level.

The Parasound integrated looks like a great option, ajxd. I really do think you limit yourself by needing the DAC and phono pre onboard, though. My recommendation of the Rogue Audio Sphinx + SMSL M8 DAC, for example, would give you close to the same basic feature set as the Halo for $1,000 less. Note also that the DAC is the same as is in the Halo and it has a display. BONUS!

That Sabre DAC is the best I've come across. Whatever you go with, if it has that you'll have a happy digital listening experience. I guarantee it.

SIMPLICITY. That's the name of my game. All in one unit. Didn't you use the 7005?

I think I get why but I still think having everything in one box is a bad idea, it might work out a little more expensive to split it all up but being able to tailor the system to what I want rather than having to compromise to get everything in the same box would win out for me.

Of course you could build exactly what you want in kit form from modules that are available from China, how are your soldering skills?

I think I get why but I still think having everything in one box is a bad idea, it might work out a little more expensive to split it all up but being able to tailor the system to what I want rather than having to compromise to get everything in the same box would win out for me.

Of course you could build exactly what you want in kit form from modules that are available from China, how are your soldering skills?

Used to repair vintage amps and turntables for a living as an undergrad. I've had all separates multiple times. I'm just tired of turning on 4 different pieces to watch Netflix. 

One. Box.

Let me know if you end up going that route. I'm really intrigued by that company but have never seen or heard any of their gear. I've been mulling over the idea of building an all American made setup and they seem to fit the bill.

Honestly considering it. I'll like you know. Found a used C5i for $1200. Its a little weak at 60wpc, and the SF 1.5s aren't super high sensitive... so I'll still weighing options.

Let's be real, I'll probably end up with the Parasound integrated. OR maybe compromise and get an integrated with no phono, and have a separate phono.

Used to repair vintage amps and turntables for a living as an undergrad. I've had all separates multiple times. I'm just tired of turning on 4 different pieces to watch Netflix. 

One. Box.

That's sort of what I was suggesting, phono stage module, DAC module, Pre amp module, pair of power amp modules and probably a couple of power supply modules all in the same box, I've thought about doing it a few times and looking at the choice of kits and bits out there you could build something nice but of course now you're working you won't have the time.

Mind you now you're a man of means again you could of course have two systems, one simple one box system for the TV and a proper system for audio

1200 is pretty sweet considering it's usually like 1800. I think they make a C7 or something like that that's around 80 wpc. Are the 1.5s 8 ohm?

Nominal is actually 6ohm.

I do have some options if I decide to do integrated with DAC and then a separate phono... so that's a maybe. Or I just need to bite the bullet and take the demo'ed Parasound.