SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

I know there is a Terrible seller/buyers thread, but this deserves special attention because this person potentially trying to save face and hide this from the community. He is possibly trying to remove the FOR SALE thread to avoid the ability to leave negative feedback. 

the Seller HOMEWORK

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/12425-homework/

He has great reviews and might be trying to scam users by stealing money from about 20 VC community Members. This message should not be thrown into that TERRIBLE thread because it can easily be missed, and this person is potentially deceptive because of the good feedback. He might be a wolf in sheeps clothing and will most likely strike again under the guise of a great community member if my suspicions are true. A PI who i won't name has tracked him down and confirmed him as potentially scamming because he has openly stated he 'DOES NOT HAVE THE RECORDS' he was just selling, or double sold them.

I need and want to have a thread dedicated to this particular case because this affects multiple users of this community, and the development should be there for all to see. The user HOMEWORK needs to be branded a SCAMMER and THIEF if the accusations turn out to be true.

Please Homework if you are reading this, Please chime in and give us an update of any kind because there are many people curious. If I am wrong I 100% apologize and will rectify it in any way.  

If he has screwed over that many people on here alone there should absolutely be a specific thread warning other members for at least awhile. People like this are what mess up awesome communities and make me that much more weary of trusting people over a forum.

Absolutely pathetic to do this sort of thing.

I know there is a Terrible seller/buyers thread, but this deserves special attention because this person is trying to save face and hide this from the community. He is trying to remove the FOR SALE thread to avoid the ability to leave negative feedback. 

the Seller HOMEWORK

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/12425-homework/

He has great reviews and is now a 100% scammer and has just recently stolen money from about 20 VC community Members. This message should not be thrown into that TERRIBLE thread because it can easily be missed, and this person is deceptive because of the good feedback. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing and will most likely strike again under the guise of a great community member. A PI who i won't name has tracked him down and confirmed him as being a scammer and he has openly stated he 'DOES NOT HAVE THE RECORDS' he was just selling. 

I need and want to have a thread dedicated to this particular case because this affects multiple users of this community, and the development should be there for all to see. The user HOMEWORK needs to be branded a SCAMMER and THIEF. 

If this person has scammed 20 people, and admitted to it, you should post screen caps, and as much information as possible.  It must be available if you are this aware of it.

EDIT:  Looks like gmoney beat me to this post by seconds.

I had bought from him in the past and had no issues (4 Fall of Troy TP's too). This time I sent him the cash as a gift since I hadn't had an issue. Haven't heard from him since Dec. 29th. Still hoping for the best... Otherwise, I guess I learned my lesson.

Same here. I've boughten from him like 2-3 times and have not had a single issue. Purchased something last week though and it's unavailable for one reason or another. 

Hi everyone, homework will be answering everyone's messages soon. He told me he was sick and had issues with paypal and some other selling sites. He told me I would get my $$ back and that he would refund everyone else that sent him money for any orders he can not fill. We all know he has a good rep in the past so lets see if he will make good on it here. I would also encourage anyone that is out $$ to mention it here so he can see the true scope of the damage that was caused. I do not think he will make excuses for suspect behavior the last 4 days and he may post a message here explaining in his own words what happened.

Hi everyone, homework will be answering everyone's messages soon. He told me he was sick and had issues with paypal and some other selling sites. He told me I would get my $$ back and that he would refund everyone else that sent him money for any orders he can not fill. We all know he has a good rep in the past so lets see if he will make good on it here. I would also encourage anyone that is out $$ to mention it here so he can see the true scope of the damage that was caused. I do not think he will make excuses for suspect behavior the last 4 days and he may post a message here explaining in his own words what happened.

just curious...do you know him personally? or he just responded to a message from you?

i am still interested in receiving the record i purchased. purchased BearVsShark on 1/4.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but the OP seems just as fishy as the "scam" that's going on here.  He's scammed 20 people and admitted to it but there's no proof?  

"A PI who i won't name has tracked him down and confirmed him as being a scammer and he has openly stated he 'DOES NOT HAVE THE RECORDS' he was just selling."

Post some proof, dawg! 

Can we get some proof and factual information in this thread instead of just name-calling?

can you not read the other people saying he hasn't responded. There is a private investigator who tracked him down who is  a member here, and has spoken to him where he openly admitted to not having the records and double selling them.  

I'm not pointing any fingers, but the OP seems just as fishy as the "scam" that's going on here.  He's scammed 20 people and admitted to it but there's no proof?  

"A PI who i won't name has tracked him down and confirmed him as being a scammer and he has openly stated he 'DOES NOT HAVE THE RECORDS' he was just selling."

Post some proof, dawg! 

What proof do you want? There are a bunch of people who have not heard a single response from this person, he has also since removed the FOR SALE thread which he sold them. It has been over a week and I sent him over 240$. Does that sound like someone who is being a legit seller? Its very common for people to have good feedback and then start scamming people. 

can you not read the other people saying he hasn't responded. There is a private investigator who tracked him down who is  a member here, and has spoken to him where he openly admitted to not having the records and double selling them.  

I have sold records to people on here and not communicated with them about it for 4 days before.  Nobody thinks that you made this all up, and yes, other people chiming in does add some validity to what you're saying, but none of them have been out of the loop with Homework for what, more than a week?  Why not post the messages where they have admitted to the scam?  It is in everyone's best interest.

I have sold records to people on here and not communicated with them about it for 4 days before.  Nobody thinks that you made this all up, and yes, other people chiming in does add some validity to what you're saying, but none of them have been out of the loop with Homework for what, more than a week?  Why not post the messages where they have admitted to the scam?  It is in everyone's best interest.

I am being proactive about this. I don't want this guy to scam everyone. I want to make a fuss so this person realizes he won't be able to get away with it if that is his intention. I am doing this to protect everyones interest. If he is not scamming everyone then all he needs to do is reply to one of us or provide tracking to a single one of us! But has he? No he has not! So the floor is open to him to explain, but all signs are posting to BS. If he is such a great member of the community then all he needs to do is say wait a second, I was sick and then I will gladly apologize. But the thread deletion and accepting low offers for expensive records points to someone trying to make some quick money ripping people off. I will 100% apologize if I am mistaken, I will edit the post to say Potential Scammer. 

Just to clarify, I am a private investigator on the side. It used to be my main gig. I would locate bio parents and stuff like that. First off, Homework told me he will respond to everyone. The truth is, there were 20+ people that bought records from him that did not get a response for several days including me. Even some of the tracking numbers sent were bad numbers. Homework told me that all of this damage is his fault and takes 100% responsibility for it. Lets allow him the chance to respond like he said he would. Cheers everyone