SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

Did your records arrive?

Nope. Just a tracking number that's been sitting in preshipment mode since last week. Honestly, I've boughten from him a few times and NEVER have had a problem. Solid seller, quick shipping. But whatever happened between this week and last something doesn't add up. Maybe just ran into trouble trying to sell on multiple platforms it sounds like. Who knows? I'll just wait the week out and see what happens.

then where did it go? Did we just all just hallucinate and purchase from a thread that never existed? 

It was deleted the same time period his discogs account was removed. Clearly there is a ton of shady behavior and I am sure he will address it. he is sorry for what happened and seams like a good kid. But you are not dreaming. This was not his finest hour :(

I also don't see the SILYAYD thread that was posted that I bought from more recently with 4 variants available. The only thread for it was an older one that was bumped from a few months ago.

DUNNN-DUNNN-DUNNN

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AxD1_FD0hB8J:boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/117896-fs-as-cities-burn-silyayd/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It was deleted the same time period his discogs account was removed. Clearly there is a ton of shady behavior and I am sure he will address it. he is sorry for what happened and seams like a good kid. But you are not dreaming. This was not his finest hour :(

Only seems like a good kid because he got tracked down lol. I am sure had he not been, he would have never thought twice about this. I am guessing he has done it before, and I want to make it his last

I just skimmed the past few pages and also alerted by this situation by MayCauseDeath. Here are some answers/feedback:

- Thread deletions: No one outside of Mods & Admins can delete threads. Now, they can somehow "hide" the thread in question which then becomes invisible to the rest of the board. But we (Admins/Mods) can see those threads cuz they get bolded in big red that they've been hidden by the OP. As for Homework's threads in question...no idea how they got deleted unless they got the best of an Admin/Mod and asked to have it deleted for whatever reason. 

- If you feel you got scammed by Homework (or any other user for that matter), let us know and also file a Paypal claim. Unless you paid as "gift" then you're up shit's creek on that one. 

- Never never never pay someone as "gift" if you've never dealt with them or they have low tenure around here. Common sense. And if you're still going to feel wary of paying as "gift", get an email address to contact them on outside PM's just in case. 

I feel bad for you. Please don't let this sour you on this forum. I have made many purchases and sold here with NO issues. This is very rare.

I won't simply because of people like you, MayCauseDeath and rthursdayx. Thank you guys for contacting me about this and keeping me up to date. 

I feel bad for you. Please don't let this sour you on this forum. I have made many purchases and sold here with NO issues. This is very rare.

Second. I'm fairly new here, and have only completed a couple of purchases but they've both been seamless and pain free. Pretty much all the people I interact with regularly are pretty cool. Hopefully you don't get the whole board ruined for you by one shitneck.

Mine too. It's suspicious that he has everything everyone wants.

that is what I was trying to get at that this is out of place. He has the whole pressing of Ac cities burn unopened? Firs tresses of Brand New, Thrice, The Dear Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Converge, BTBAM all sealed? It could happen but it seems like a quick way to prey on people who are looking for those particular records. 

that is what I was trying to get at that this is out of place. He has the whole pressing of Ac cities burn unopened? Firs tresses of Brand New, Thrice, The Dear Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Converge, BTBAM all sealed? It could happen but it seems like a quick way to prey on people who are looking for those particular records.

True, but I got all sealed TP's of all The Fall of Troy's albums, plus one of the first pressings of Doppelganger sealed, and for good prices. It seems like a lot of work to offer good deals, build up this whole reputation, then burn it to the ground for a couple grand. I wait to hear to see what he has to say. But if I don't get my money back, then I know never to gift again, even if I have dealt with you in the past.