SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

I said refunds via PayPal will decline. I didn't mention disputes by the buyer. Only refunds sent will decline. Yes. PayPal may help but if they don't western union or money order are the other options. Hope that clears it up.

Just curious. Has anyone received their money back via a dispute thru PayPal?

If you escalate your dispute to a claim, I'd be willing to bet PayPal will give you your money back. Especially due to the fact that this guy has 2 grand in disputes on his account right now. It may be the "nice" thing to do to wait for a money order because his account will go in the red, but if he's not responding to people, why wait around to see if you get refunded?

I said refunds via PayPal will decline. I didn't mention disputes by the buyer. Only refunds sent will decline. Yes. PayPal may help but if they don't western union or money order are the other options. Hope that clears it up.

I opened a dispute, got a note from homework saying a refund was sent, then a notification that the refund was declined after he sent it.

Well said

If you escalate your dispute to a claim, I'd be willing to bet PayPal will give you your money back. Especially due to the fact that this guy has 2 grand in disputes on his account right now. It may be the "nice" thing to do to wait for a money order because his account will go in the red, but if he's not responding to people, why wait around to see if you get refunded?

The first order was a combined order of 120 for three vinyl including the label blowout. I received the other two, but not the blowout which was priced at 65. He refunded 40 for it, I saw one he had listed for sale I wanted, and sent the 40 back, told him to not send the other 25 back he owed, then I sent a payment of 35 to total back to 100 for a test press he later listed. so they're all split up and combined with other orders

I still don't see the problem. File a claim on the 120 one and say that he owes you a $100 for the record you never got, or file a claim on all 3 and say he owes you $100 that was paid through 3 transactions. Doesn't matter that it was split up. People make payments over time all the time. In the long run paypal is getting more money that way. You still have the same buyer protection from them. I mean if you think you're SOL then by all means just keep saying so on this message board, or go be proactive and dispute it.

NO.  This is untrue.  Money sent through paypal is paypal guaranteed.  Continue the process through them and you will get a refund.  Even if that person doesn't have the money, paypal will refund it themselves.

That's fucked. If I pay via PayPal, that's how I want my refund. Why are you the liaison for him? He screwed is all over, and he should be the one who answers us. I'm tired of getting the run around on this.

Both of these. I wouldn't want to have to go to a Western Union to get my money either. He can't send you a refund through paypal, but paypal will do it themselves and then go after him on their own. Don't even bother with the refund business. Just file a claim and let paypal sort it out - unless you paid as a gift, then keep trying for that refund.

I think it takes at least 10 days because you have to file a dispute and then escalate to a claim after 4 days or something?

I opened a dispute, got a note from homework saying a refund was sent, then a notification that the refund was declined after he sent it.

If the "note" is his reply to the dispute then you reply to the dispute saying the refund was declined. If not you can ignore it and continue with your claim.

I still don't see the problem. File a claim on the 120 one and say that he owes you a $100 for the record you never got, or file a claim on all 3 and say he owes you $100 that was paid through 3 transactions. Doesn't matter that it was split up. People make payments over time all the time. In the long run paypal is getting more money that way. You still have the same buyer protection from them. I mean if you think you're SOL then by all means just keep saying so on this message board, or go be proactive and dispute it.

Ah, okay. I've never had to file a dispute so I didn't know how I could do that is all. I'll try that out though, thanks for the help!

Damn, I thought this was gonna be a hit.

I waited 2 months to change my name for nothing.

Still rating threads, taking $2 PayPal (gifted)

This is a great gimmick. Keep it up. It takes Who Cares too long to log in and post. And I haven't seen Grammar Police in ages. You can step it up!

If you were "declined" a refund why are you still in dispute mode via pp? Shouldn't you have escalated it a claim by now? I would've escalated to a claim the same night I disputed and not given the fucker a chance to even refund because clearly some major fuckery is going on between the N'th of you all. If you're serious about getting your money back call PayPal.

And tell them what's going on, if they ask you for proof of a scam screen shot them a jpg of him responding here trying to make it right or use the words of his  liaison and tell the person on the phone none of that shit of piss talk has gone through on multiple peoples end. 

Yeah, there's no reason anyone should be anywhere but in a claim being reviewed by PayPal right now. Escalate that now if you haven't already. He is not sending your records, whether you wish he was or not. Honestly, trying to communicate with him at this point is useless.

Send PayPal evidence of him dropping communication, do what suicidetoheaven said, call PayPal.

There is no need to use western union or call his mom or any other nonsense, just use the paypal claim system and everything will be ok.

This. File a damn claim on PayPal. It's not hard.

A question though. WHEN IS IT EVER A GOOD IDEA TO PAY AS A GIFT? If you do, you still get hit with (equal?) fees, just as you would if you added the 2% or whatever amount it is on top of your purchase through the "goods and services" method. Are you even saving any money?

A question though. WHEN IS IT EVER A GOOD IDEA TO PAY AS A GIFT? If you do, you still get hit with (equal?) fees, just as you would if you added the 2% or whatever amount it is on top of your purchase through the "goods and services" method. Are you even saving any money?

There is no fees with friends and family.  It is great if you are actually giving money to friends or family (you know someone you actually trust), but should never be used for purchasing stuff from unknown folks on the interwebs.

This. File a damn claim on PayPal. It's not hard.

I didn't think there was a fee for gifting.