SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

I swear. How can people here not follow simple instructions? It's like they need a step by step breakdown of what to do if someone doesn't send a record and how to file a claim and what a refund is, etc.

If you haven't gotten your shit, file a dispute and escalate it as soon as you can. No reason to wait for your records at this point.

I'm frequently amazed at how lenient people can be about this stuff.  particularly in a marketplace based on an online forum that really requires mutual trust to function.

I get that the unexpected can happen, but if somebody is actively marketing goods that they either do not have or otherwise have zero intention to deliver in a timely manner, it's nothing less than fraud and should be treated accordingly. 

The fact that some people are claiming to have received refunds is NOT exculpatory--it is damning.

What makes it even worse is that this dude seems to have a pretty extensive collection that he could be liquidating legitimately if he was hard up for funds.  Are plastic disks really worth more than your integrity?  Pathetic.

It seems to me that a few readers don't understand the OP's problem. Yes, he can file a claim for his (Goods & Services) money, but what is he supposed to do about his gifted money? OP seems to be trying to make this public so everyone gets ALL of their money back - including gifted payments - which a few in this thread seem to have done.

It seems to me that a few readers don't understand the OP's problem. Yes, he can file a claim for his (Goods & Services) money, but what is he supposed to do about his gifted money? OP seems to be trying to make this public so everyone gets ALL of their money back - including gifted payments - which a few in this thread seem to have done.

this is exactly what I am trying to do, I am trying to make this so everyone can see so this guy just doesn't disappear into obscurity. I am trying to help everyone recoup their money. That is all. You assholes that come in here and say this is a waste of a thread just leave and please let me try to help people get their money back from this guy. Thank you.

and everyone knows files a dispute and get our money back, but that still doesn't curb the anger of getting ripped off for 300$ from someone with great reviews and being lied to at every corner by him. People who are getting ripped off have the right to be upset, the only people that say we should just relax are the ones who did not just get ripped off. And lesson learned never gift a payment ever again. That is clear as day and will NEVER happen again. 

, the only people that say we should just relax are the ones who did not just get ripped off. 

I got ripped off and I am saying relax.  He seems to be working on getting the refunds.  Do I wish it was being done faster or that I would just get the record I wanted, sure.  But no need to breathe fire and let it ruin your week.

I got ripped off and I am saying relax.  He seems to be working on getting the refunds.  Do I wish it was being done faster or that I would just get the record I wanted, sure.  But no need to breathe fire and let it ruin your week.

I would hardly consider sending declined paypal refunds working on getting us our money back. 

I'd filed a PayPal dispute well before he actually sent the pending refunds, hopefully PayPal won't close the disputes automatically before the money actually ends up in my account. I'm not terribly worried but I am disappointed in the seller as it seemed like he was once legit. The volume of scammed transactions is crazy, especially considering how he manually approached some of us (including me) to say he had records he wanted to sell that were from our WTB threads.

Considering the declined refunds as well, something happened to the original payments and it just becomes a mess. Here's to hoping it all gets sorted out.

There's no reason to overreact to it, do the most that you can for yourself (file disputes!... don't gift again) and hope that everything works out okay.

I'd filed a PayPal dispute well before he actually sent the pending refunds, hopefully PayPal won't close the disputes automatically before the money actually ends up in my account. I'm not terribly worried but I am disappointed in the seller as it seemed like he was once legit. The volume of scammed transactions is crazy, especially considering how he manually approached some of us (including me) to say he had records he wanted to sell that were from our WTB threads.

Considering the declined refunds as well, something happened to the original payments and it just becomes a mess. Here's to hoping it all gets sorted out.

There's no reason to overreact to it, do the most that you can for yourself (file disputes!... don't gift again) and hope that everything works out okay.

well said! 

"Wow, he got my hopes up by saying he had the record I was looking for. He stopped responding after I asked for photos."

I have provided photos for numerous records on here before, some even with my face in them. I have previously informed you I was under the weather (again, believe what you want) and accept responsibility. I have accepted too many orders at once at wasn't able to fulfill on time.

I'm late but I would like to point out this is false. He never said anything about being under the weather to me.

Honestly, I would have waited a month or more for the records I ordered if he at all proved that he owned them. I asked for photos and he did not provide them, and did stop responding after I asked him.

I'd honestly be willing to wait a lot longer if he even proved he owned the records. Even now, I would still go through with the two transactions I had with him if he even proved he had the records at all.

I highly, highly doubt he actually owns the records he said he did. I orded TSR - After The Lights pinwheel and the ITC TREOS lathe from him on Discogs (via ElegantVinyl) and he said, and I quote: "Both records come sealed." Neither of the records were shipped sealed at all from the respective labels. I'm not saying his past transactions before this all happened were scams, I don't think any of us are.

We're saying the ones he's doing now are quite obviously scams, and if he'd cooperate even in the slightest and provide pictures or /anything/ I would be willing to wait for him to catch up. So would others.

I guess it was kind of sketchy but he sent me photos of the receipt and money gram form, I drove down the street to Walmart and now I have my money back.

I once bought something off craigslist and the person told me to send a western union money gram to africa before he would meet me and i told him absolutely not.