SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

I just skimmed the past few pages and also alerted by this situation by MayCauseDeath. Here are some answers/feedback:

- Thread deletions: No one outside of Mods & Admins can delete threads. Now, they can somehow "hide" the thread in question which then becomes invisible to the rest of the board. But we (Admins/Mods) can see those threads cuz they get bolded in big red that they've been hidden by the OP. As for Homework's threads in question...no idea how they got deleted unless they got the best of an Admin/Mod and asked to have it deleted for whatever reason.

This is funny because HOMEWORK states he just HID them because people started messaging him, but they disappeared days before I ever suspected anything. And JHULUD confirmed that they are not hidden and have been deleted somehow. 

Okay, since no one has pointed it out, how does him being sick make him not able to get online and update people? Everyone here was taking him using a messenger a little too lightly. "Oh, he says he is sick and is having some guy we don't know update us? Nothing strange about that, but here are a few of the reasons why we think he is a scammer."

Honestly, I would have waited a month or more for the records I ordered if he at all proved that he owned them. I asked for photos and he did not provide them, and did stop responding after I asked him.

I'd honestly be willing to wait a lot longer if he even proved he owned the records. Even now, I would still go through with the two transactions I had with him if he even proved he had the records at all.

I highly, highly doubt he actually owns the records he said he did. I orded TSR - After The Lights pinwheel and the ITC TREOS lathe from him on Discogs (via ElegantVinyl) and he said, and I quote: "Both records come sealed." Neither of the records were shipped sealed at all from the respective labels. I'm not saying his past transactions before this all happened were scams, I don't think any of us are.

We're saying the ones he's doing now are quite obviously scams, and if he'd cooperate even in the slightest and provide pictures or /anything/ I would be willing to wait for him to catch up. So would others.

If you're still looking for that After The Lights pinwheel, shoot me a PM.

I did not say he sent ME one, I said he sent SOMEONE one, one of the other members who I have been in contact with throughout this. You asshole.

Chiiiiiill out, dude. We get that you're upset about getting duped, and it does suck. You really are coming off as whiny at this point though. That's why people are giving you a hard time.

Got this delightful email today:

An eCheck payment [from Homework] was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account.

Said eCheck payment was my refunds.

I figured that would happen. Cool.

I just got this email too.

Sounds like he's buying more time by shifting his money into different formats (PayPal, money order, etc) and sending them out using varied methods.

Anyone who didn't send as a gift shouldn't even be worried about getting a refund sent by him. Let paypal do their thing. They side with the buyer 99% of the time even when the seller isn't in the wrong.

If you sent as a gift, contact paypal as well, but keep trying to get him to send a refund whatever method he might send it.

Maycausedeath, please continue because you're what makes this thread entertaining. Your rants are pretty laughable at this point.

I have a rather odd situation. I purchased The Fall of Troy's self title label blowout variant for 65 bucks. Well, he lost the record, so I asked for a refund. He returned 40, but said he needed time for the other 25.

Later, he made a thread of various items for sale, which included a test press from The Fall of Troy. We agreed on 100 dollars for it.

I sent the 40 back he sent me, then I sent an additional 35 and told him to not send the other 25 back he owed for the label blowout, to put it towards the 75 I sent back in.

So I pretty much stabbed myself with a double edged sword. can't file a dispute on 100 dollars when the orders are all split up in various amounts. *sigh*

Sadly, getting overly angry about people ticking you off online won't make any of this any better.

The best solution is just to try to put any predispositions behind you, try not to be overly aggressive, and wait until a decision is reached by PayPal. We all know Homework scammed by now, there's no disputing that; and there's not much we can do about it now that the details are out. I know it's frustrating, I'm down $80 from this guy for now, but getting heated and riled up won't solve anything.

Just try to step back from the thread and give it a few days. Wait until something officially PayPal related happens, then update the thread with the actual-relevant info. I'm really sorry if I sound blunt but this serious topic is devolving into nothing but name-calling and it's really not helping.

I am actually 3 years older than you. i seriously cant stand you, just leave the thread you prick. Your going to talk shit for no reason because you think i am 40?

I think he would figure that at your age you would be able to handle when someone pokes some fun at you (on a vinyl collecting forum) without blowing up and being over dramatic.