SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

I am being proactive about this. I don't want this guy to scam everyone. I want to make a fuss so this person realizes he won't be able to get away with it. I am doing this to protect everyones interest. If he is not scamming everyone then all he needs to do is reply to one of us or provide tracking to a single one of us! But has he? No he has not! So the floor is open to him to explain, but all signs are posting to BS. 

I agree with you.  From what I have read in this thread, all signs are pointing towards a scam.  It just seems weird that he has admitted to it but there is no actual proof.  Who did he tell on these boards that he scammed people?  There's no reason to keep the name a secret.  And what's up with all the "I have a private investigator" stuff?  It just sounds sarcastic.

EDIT:  It's him. ^

This thread just has a weird vibe to it compared to the other "SCAMMER ALERT" threads on this board.

I am being proactive about this. I don't want this guy to scam everyone. I want to make a fuss so this person realizes he won't be able to get away with it if that is his intention. I am doing this to protect everyones interest. If he is not scamming everyone then all he needs to do is reply to one of us or provide tracking to a single one of us! But has he? No he has not! So the floor is open to him to explain, but all signs are posting to BS. If he is such a great member of the community then all he needs to do is say wait a second, I was sick and then I will gladly apologize. But the thread deletion and accepting low offers for expensive records points to someone trying to make some quick money ripping people off. 

It was wise to start this thread. While some of what was said in the starter is speculation, the truth is there are many people in this boat. I spoke to 10+ of them myself so you may hear from them on this thread. I also now that Homework will respond. I am 100% sure of it.

i agree this was a good idea but maybe over reactive. seeing this post myself of course got my gears going but also glad to see im not alone.

i personally couldnt blame him for not getting back to everyone, when i sold things on ebay in the past i was terrible at getting it mailed and such. now thats no excuse cause if you choose to be an "active" seller, you better be on point. hopefully all is good and we'll all be just fine after we hear from homework himself.

I agree with you.  From what I have read in this thread, all signs are pointing towards a scam.  It just seems weird that he has admitted to it but there is no actual proof.  Who did he tell on these boards that he scammed people?  There's no reason to keep the name a secret.  And what's up with all the "I have a private investigator" stuff?  It just sounds sarcastic.

EDIT:  It's him. ^

This thread just has a weird vibe to it compared to the other "SCAMMER ALERT" threads on this board.

Its definitely not me, but if you read the thread you can find out who it is by the person saying I spoke to him. I don't want to expose someones private occupation publicly. Also I changed the thread to more of a speculative tone. 

I agree I just want to know what's going on I also bought a record I have been looking for, for a long long time and haven't received a response from this seller in days either. I'm not looking for excuses from the seller because things do happen. But I was contacted by multiple people who had purchased records from him asking me if I had any communication from Homework because I visited his profile and they were worried because he wouldn't respond to them. So if there's a chance I can actually get the record I paid for I'd be very happy as others have said I thought I finally found one of my ISO records for a great price.

This is a way we can tell if he ever double sold without him. I purchased 3 records from him

The devil wears Prada - Plagues

Underoath - Chasing Safety

Fear Before the March of Flames - TAOM

Did anyone by any chance by those records also? There is a chance he had multiples, but a lot of the ones he had listed were very rare and the likelihood of it is small. 

This is a way we can tell if he ever double sold without him. I purchased 3 records from him

The devil wears Prada - Plagues

Underoath - Chasing Safety

Fear Before the March of Flames - TAOM

Did anyone by any chance by those records also? There is a chance he had multiples, but a lot of the ones he had listed were very rare and the likelihood of it is small. 

he told me he had multiples of the same record when I asked him why he reposted the same record I just bought from him, but here is what I bought: Brand new devil and god purple wax and the blue/black swirl and appleseed cast illuminate and sagarmatha.I would like to add that he sold the brand new records to me for a great price which def was a red flag.

Also purchased from Homework (on 1/3/16) from a FS: Between the Buried and Me thread (that has since been deleted)...so I did some digging.

On deadformat, Homework had posted a WTB: BTAM list in 2013. The funny thing is, the FS topic here on VC was the exact same...format, grouping, same records and everything. https://deadformat.net/topic/44886 . Had I known this, I would have suspected something shady.

I purchased on here (rather quickly) because he had good feedback on VC and discogs(plus I wanted that test :/).

I "bought" a Colors Test press, Hypersleep Dialogues on red, Colors on clear with black smoke, and a Future Seq. on yellow/blue.

Hope there is some resolution.

well, he messaged me about a death grips cassette I've been looking for and we agreed on a price, I was about to send him payment but when I asked for a picture of the tape he said he'd send it over, but never got back to me.

he could be in the middle of a personal emergency or something, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions, but something seems a little off. I'm sure he'll respond to this thread

I know you can't specifically, but he must have reached out to a Admin to delete  because the thread is not there in any shape. But even if he reached out to an admit, he still did it. So your point is null. Sorry! 

Mods have stated multiple times they don't delete 'For Sale' threads. Sorry, pal.

Mods have stated multiple times they don't delete 'For Sale' threads. Sorry, pal.

Also ANDY please check below 

Also purchased from Homework (on 1/3/16) from a FS: Between the Buried and Me thread (that has since been deleted)...so I did some digging.

If threads cannot be deleted then where did these 2 FOR SALE threads go?? Something is very suspicious. Also I am not saying you are making shit up. I don't care what the sticky thread said. The FOR SALE threads are not there. It do not take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion they have been deleted. So please stop arguing a point that is irrelevant. The for sale threads are not there, THEY WERE DELETED. So you continuously saying they can't be is ignorant because they have 100% been deleted. I apologize if you think this is coming off as rude, but you saying they can't be deleted when there is proof they have been is very annoying. 

I was interested a month or so ago when he was selling all his ACB variants, then a week or so ago he listed them all again, after I know some of the first batch sold. I thought that was a little weird... I didn't end up buying anything though.

EDIT: hahaha, jinx!!!