PO: Pennywise - Nineteen Eighty Eight (comp)

Pretty neat to have these all on a single LP now. Looks like a May release with 4 variants.

http://hardlineent.com/pennywise-to-reissue-early-theologian-records-recordings-via-hardline-entertainment-2/

"Pennywise and Theologian Records are teaming up with South Bay indie label Hardline Entertainment to reissue the bands early recordings on a single LP titled “Nineteen Eighty Eight”. The “Nineteen Eighty Eight” LP will include “A Word From The Wise” and “Wildcard” EPs as well as tracks from the “Soul Arch” compilation featuring covers of Black Flag’s “Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie” and Ben E. Kings “Stand By Me” which have always been crowd favorites at the band’s shows. The LP will be available in red, blue and green opaque as well as a very limited edition 180 gram black and white swirl that will be numbered and signed by the band."

Pennywsie_LP_Comp2-615x615.jpg

Yeah shipping prices are starting to sting a little... I think it has to do with the fact the using media mail you can't insure the package. If the item is lost, or damaged, Paypal and Ebay side with the buyer and issue a complete refund. This is just a way for them to cover their ass in case of lost or damaged package. To me if a buyer purchases an item w/o insurance they are agreeing to take that risk, shouldn't be on the seller. I know thats why Kingsroad Merch now has insane shipping prices.

• 3 months later...

Yeah shipping prices are starting to sting a little... I think it has to do with the fact the using media mail you can't insure the package. If the item is lost, or damaged, Paypal and Ebay side with the buyer and issue a complete refund. This is just a way for them to cover their ass in case of lost or damaged package. To me if a buyer purchases an item w/o insurance they are agreeing to take that risk, shouldn't be on the seller. I know thats why Kingsroad Merch now has insane shipping prices.

In no modern world should a buyer accept the liability of loss on merchandise they've ordered that goes missing in the mail or gets damaged.  For starters, the Postal Service is being contracted by the seller, not the buyer.  Also, businesses are responsible for managing the risks and costs of doing their business, including paying taxes and accounting for theft, lost packages, damage, etc.  They can pass those costs on to a consumer but they can't hold a consumer liable when they decide to forego insurance or any similar risk-lessener.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On June 1, 2016 at 8:28 PM, gutterpunk79 said:

I received my red / black swirl one, but not the initial 4 variants. Did anyone received theirs?

Still haven't got the signed copy of this, anyone else in the same boat? Tried contacting customer service several times about it and no response....getting a little worried!

1 hour ago, Steady7 said:

Still haven't got the signed copy of this, anyone else in the same boat? Tried contacting customer service several times about it and no response....getting a little worried!

They replied to my emails saying that there was a delay with the signed black and white model. So this is the reason why I hadn't received all the other variants (all bought together). They aren't doing a great job at replying emails or notifying customers of the delay, but I'm sure there's no reason to be worried.

• 3 weeks later...