Where's the Jamie XX love? Check out In Colour. It's great when these artists can put out moody music that stand on their own without a vocal track.

Also if anyone is in the Philly area Madeon is playing Electric Factory 2/20. Win tickets ->hive.co/l/madeon

And also a nice calendar for bunch of EDM Philly shows -> bit.ly/phillyedm

Where's the Jamie XX love? Check out In Rainbows. It's great when these artists can put out moody music that stand on their own without a vocal track.

Also if anyone is in the Philly area Madeon is playing Electric Factory 2/20. Win tickets ->hive.co/l/madeon

And also a nice calendar for bunch of EDM Philly shows -> bit.ly/phillyedm

In Colour is one of my favorite albums of last year

I went to mad decent block party and that was one of the worst shows I've ever been to (might be because the venue had seats and no open floor). But they didn't announce who was sitting behind their laptop and almost everyone used the same songs in their mixes. Granted I only went for chance the rapper and he ended up not performing. Idk...if you need drugs for something to be enjoyable then that's sad :/

I seen Steve Aoki with Kendrick Lamar once. Had no idea who Steve Aoki was but that was a cool show.. Mainly because all the random sluts that came up to me. 99.9% of them I could taste molly on. Lol. So I guess I can see why dudes want to go to these types of shows hahaha

Currently working on a remix of Madeon's La Lune and heavily contemplating an Alesis Sample Pad Pro to work live drumming into my sets. Also working on animating visuals to go with what I play but it's tedious and awful lol.

Edit: just realized I never listed Shawn Wasabi in my list of artists I think are neat what the heck is up with that.

Currently working on a remix of Madeon's La Lune and heavily contemplating an Alesis Sample Pad Pro to work live drumming into my sets. Also working on animating visuals to go with what I play but it's tedious and awful lol.

Edit: just realized I never listed Shawn Wasabi in my list of artists I think are neat what the heck is up with that.

awesome! post it when its all done! 

shawn wasabi is cool! are you familiar with a kid named R!ot ( hes shawns friend) One of my buddies, he does a lot of launchpad stuff also. he just did a remix of "Never Gonna Give You Up" pretty cool.

https://soundcloud.com/gearsss/madeon-la-lune-gears-remix/s-19JBp

Still very much WIP especially with the mixing and EQ work on stuff but if you wanna check out what's done so far have at it (obviously when I actually finish it I'll take this down and put up the finished version).

R!ot is pretty neat!

Still very much WIP especially with the mixing and EQ work on stuff but if you wanna check out what's done so far have at it (obviously when I actually finish it I'll take this down and put up the finished version).

R!ot is pretty neat!

sounding good to me!

R!ot is pretty neat!

Have you played this live anywhere? The production quality sounds pretty good to my ear (not on a studio system) but it has a weird cadence to it, especially in the drops. I think the strongest bit is early in the the track. I don't really play live anymore so my perspective might be worthless but I think a dance floor might have trouble with the track. The builds are drawn out and a little inconsistent. 

My unsolicited two cents. Keep up the good work. 

Nah I haven't played it live yet, still largely a work in progress, the weird cadence you're hearing is probably the sidechain automation for the subbass kick. The kick in the drop for this (as well as most of my other edm stuff) is actually a few layered, a top layer one for the initial punch with one or two others subtly mixed in and a Lex Luger 808 under it for the drawn out trap bass. I used to just highpass and lowpass filter the sample layers but at a friend's suggestion I've been working on doing it this way instead to get more punch out of the kick and getting it just right is a little foreign to me. It's a really fine line between having the sub kick come in exactly as the bass from the initial kick decays without them interfering with each other and turn into a muddy distorted mess.

Admittedly the builds are probably weird but ever since I started mixing live I think I've been producing songs with the mindset for how I mix which is a lot of overlapping songs to go drop to drop rather than playing full songs (my mixes usually average around 40+ songs in an hour as opposed to 20odd something in a typical trance set). As such I see most edm songs broken up into different pieces to pull from and fit together in a set rather than looking at the whole track.

All that aside, thanks for the feedback!

• 1 month later...

Just posting for the star.

I've been spinning worlds by porter robinson non-stop recently (late to the party, I know). Need more stuff like this (not a fan of his previous work, at all). I checked out most of the newer stuff posted here I didn't know about, but nothing grabbed me like porter or madeon (another one I've had on heavy rotation these past months).

Just posting for the star.

I've been spinning worlds by porter robinson non-stop recently (late to the party, I know). Need more stuff like this (not a fan of his previous work, at all). I checked out most of the newer stuff posted here I didn't know about, but nothing grabbed me like porter or madeon (another one I've had on heavy rotation these past months).

*proud dad*