PO: Explosions In The Sky - The Wilderness

Xsjado

7 hours ago, vanishinghouse said:

I was super bummed I've been watching these dudes since i was 15 (being 28 now) and seen them here at them at the fox 6 years ago again but the merch guy didn't care budge but I understand. So I too am now looking for a tour press. 

Sucks man.  Same thing happened to me when I saw Caspian in Atlanta last year.  Drove up from South Florida and merch dude couldn't hook it up with a tour press of D&D.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got home from seeing these guys. I managed to snag a copy of the tour press and I am so happy! I talked to the guy and he said that they were only giving out 18 each show but starting tonight (Philly Show) they are giving out 25. I got there about twenty minutes before the first band started and there were still plenty left.

5 minutes ago, JRHews said:

I wanted to see them but not there. I fucking hate the Fillmore. Main venue is so expensive and crowded. I like smaller venues. TLA and Electric Factory suck too.

My favorite in Philly is Union Transfer. Last night was my first time at the Fillmore. It was really nice but a bit pricey.

When I finally got to Variety Playhouse for their late night Shaky Knees set they had already sold out.  However, it was just a few minutes before they took the stage.  But let me tell you, I had never seen them before and that was a LOUD mind blowing set!  I will never miss them again.  Their sound was like a psychedelic sledgehammer to the face (in a good way). :)

Edited by unravelled
Spelling

1 hour ago, unravelled said:

When I finally got to Variety Playhouse for their late night Shaky Knees set they had already sold out.  However, it was just a few minutes before they took the stage.  But let me tell you, I had never seen them before and that was a LOUD mind blowing set!  I will never miss them again.  Their sound was like a psychedelic sledgehammer to the face (in a good way). :)

Agreed, I've been a fan for about 2 years and that was the first time I've been able to see them. My oh my was it spectacular.

25 minutes ago, morfiend said:

Yeah, they're playing a festival in Seattle too. Looks like I'll making the drive to Portland instead.

Bummed me out.  I always get a tad irked when there isn't a proper Seattle show due to a band playing Bumbershoot or Sasquatch.  I don't think Portland is feasible for me this time either unfortunately.  I've seen them a handful of times, but I think this would be quite a tour to see them on.

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Bummed me out.  I always get a tad irked when there isn't a proper Seattle show due to a band playing Bumbershoot or Sasquatch.  I don't think Portland is feasible for me this time either unfortunately.  I've seen them a handful of times, but I think this would be quite a tour to see them on.

Always got a spot to crash if you can make your way down buddy!

• 2 months later...

finally snagged this album and picked up the newbury comic limited edition.... i gotta say this packaging is a nightmare to navigate. I'm all for special artwork and deluxe editions but i think the creative person behind this particular cardboard layout made it weird and annoying lol. I just want to listen to the record and not feel like i have to figure out an rubiks' cube to get the LP's in and out.... am i crazy or do other people feel this way? 

Edited by wbhendrix

16 minutes ago, wbhendrix said:

finally snagged this album and picked up the newbury comic limited edition.... i gotta say this packaging is a nightmare to navigate. I'm all for special artwork and deluxe editions but i think the creative person behind this particular cardboard layout made it weird and annoying lol. I just want to listen to the record and not feel like i have to figure out an rubies' cube to get the LP's in and out.... am i crazy or do other people feel this way? 

Is a rubies cube some sort of expensive Rubik's Cube made of precious stones?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tlr said:

Just got back from seeing them on their new tour with preoccupations and they still had some of the tour variant left. Anyone want to buy my TR exclusive (Red & Maroon) ?

I was there tonight too! Good show. Snagged a copy of the tour variant. Felt bad for Preoccupations. They had a good set but the crowd didn't seem into them. 

Edited by januarytwenty

13 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

I was there tonight too! Good show. Snagged a copy of the tour variant. Felt bad for Preoccupations. They had a good set but the crowd didn't seem into them. 

Yeah that was my first time at White Oak Music Hall, even though it was the grand opening weekend, it seemed like it was still under construction.

Last time I saw explosions was at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion when they opened for Arcade Fire, and crowd didn't seem to care that they were playing epic music. Maybe its just the luck of the openers.

Edited by tlr

• 4 weeks later...