ExtraFox

PO: Mogwai - Atomic (A Soundtrack by Mogwai)

2 hours ago, Mattallurgist said:

Got to see Atomic live earlier this year - it was pretty intense. I don't think I've ever come out of a gig feeling so dreadful, it's really hard to describe...

I've seen Trinity and Beyond, so if it's anything like that, I won't be too worried.

TRL color variants were the first I ever mail-ordered back when I realized that was even a thing back in '05, when shipping was  60-70% of the cost of the album (rather than 200% today) and they weren't charging a single cent more for the color pressings. They always sounded fantastic. Truly one of the most reliable labels in terms of vinyl pressing quality control.

The whole point of mail-order exclusives had always been a reward to customers willing to pay shipping, giving the label a bigger cut of the profits for those sales by cutting out the store and the distro. Now, it's a cynical money grab on the bogus premise that they're "responding to the aftermarket".

3 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Check out this thread or discogs for images.

Checked out both. Looks great from what I can see. On the other hand, your pics aren't up anymore so I can't judge accurately.

Edited by armadillo01

53 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

TRL color variants were the first I ever mail-ordered back when I realized that was even a thing back in '05, when shipping was  60-70% of the cost of the album (rather than 200% today) and they weren't charging a single cent more for the color pressings. They always sounded fantastic. Truly one of the most reliable labels in terms of vinyl pressing quality control.

The whole point of mail-order exclusives had always been a reward to customers willing to pay shipping, giving the label a bigger cut of the profits for those sales by cutting out the store and the distro. Now, it's a cynical money grab on the bogus premise that they're "responding to the aftermarket".

7_AE944_DD-_C1_C0-4_D7_D-9_F4_C-5_DF5577

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

does it sound good though?

No better or worse than the black version.

no harm in warning VC (a community where people buy 29 versions of an Against Me record) that the advertised fireball Mogwai mock up does not look like a fireball.  Looks like melted orange and brown crayons mixed together.

Edited by zdkaiser