PO 1/15: Kokomo - Monochrome Noise Love (2/12/2016)

i removed them, mine was indented and almost ripped so i didnt want you guys to have that too.

should still be intact and easy to slip on.

Ah, that makes more sense. Will probably leave it off so it does not get flattened on my shelf. That's again for the group buy Charlie! Can't wait to spin it after dinner.

So wow, this is a dark and heavy doom turn for Kokomo -- reminiscent of YONL, that takes its sweet time to get going and very simplistic chord changes (repeated listens mandatory), and only deep into disc 2 does it feel like it approaches Daturah -- without the riffage. Quite a journey, including those samples in there. Can see this going on right after We Lost The Sea on a dreary day. Grower material, this is gnawing good--even the track with the harsh vocals,  a la YONL's Nord.

• 9 months later...

Love that this got a second pressing... those look gorgeous.  This album has grown on me a lot.  It's much doomier and slower, not the streaking, streaming jetplane kinda vibe of their previous stuff.  Glad we got in on those first press deluxe editions!  Very worthy record to own, I go to it often now.