PO 1/15: Kokomo - Monochrome Noise Love (2/12/2016)

Dunk mentions that there 'may be extra taxes charged for importing this from outside the US.' Hes going to put the value on the package as low as possible so that these costs (if any) arent too high. Also two shipments...at his suggestion because usually big packages get opened and cost even more. chances are its not going to happen.

he also mentions that i could open a US sales point with this order.

edit: um, we need to go from EU site to site once every quarter and just do massive group buys. the "post-rock overseas buyers club"

get those ones we've always wanted.

Do you guys think it would cost a lot to ship out mailers? I have a ton... I try to save the best ones I receive to be reused in the future.

I can probably throw a bunch in a box and send it over maybe?

It really isn't cost efficient unfortunately.

Cheaper to have everyone add on a dollar and Charlie can get 20 off amazon and have that shipped for free.

Dunk mentions that there 'may be extra taxes charged for importing this from outside the US.' Hes going to put the value on the package as low as possible so that these costs (if any) arent too high. Also two shipments...at his suggestion because usually big packages get opened and cost even more. chances are its not going to happen.

he also mentions that i could open a US sales point with this order.

edit: um, we need to go from EU site to site once every quarter and just do massive group buys. the "post-rock overseas buyers club"

Count me in as VP.

Heck yes. I've got several albums just sitting on my waiting list that I've never been able to swallow overseas shipping costs for: Lost in Kiev, Astralia, Toundra, Fourteen Nights at Sea, etc.

Anyone paying Charlie make sure you gift your payment! And don't give me any of that "oh but there have been scammers lately". Nah, son. This is Charlie we're talking about. He is the Dad of VC. Dude is the most trust worthy person on here next to Don. So please send paypal payment as gift, as he is kind enough to be organizing this whole thing.

Anyone paying Charlie make sure you gift your payment! And don't give me any of that "oh but there have been scammers lately". Nah, son. This is Charlie we're talking about. He is the Dad of VC. Dude is the most trust worthy person on here next to Don. So please send paypal payment as gift, as he is kind enough to be organizing this whole thing.

100 back this statement, and Charlie. Great dude, and no one should have to worry about a thing with him in charge.

21 copies for 20 people. Pretty fucking impressed. Although I think it's 20 copies for 19 people cause Don is on there twice for some reason.

Fixed that. 

I have the money ready whenever you get it all figured out Charlie, and I'll toss in a few bucks so you can grab some mailers. I'll look through my ebay history tomorrow, but I really like the ones I bought there. Great quality, and came with enough inserts for 2 per mailer.

Fixed that.

I have the money ready whenever you get it all figured out Charlie, and I'll toss in a few bucks so you can grab some mailers. I'll look through my ebay history tomorrow, but I really like the ones I bought there. Great quality, and came with enough inserts for 2 per mailer.

I've always gotten these guys: Pratt PRA0821 Vinyl Record Mailer, Kraft (Pack of 25) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N41JJZE/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_GHYLwbDBADBV0

I love the kind with the bumpers.

Ok kids, here's the skinny.

I've emailed Dunk and he's going to run the final numbers.

I do ask as a gift for one purpose only...mailers. Fees waived added up and a few coins on shipping will cover it completely. I only have a few and no one will receive a beat up used one and I'll foot the tape and bubble wrap cost; not a problem. I pack well and all will have tracking, as that's standard. If they are opened upon arrival, I'll ship them properly but if they are sealed, should I leave them sealed? I'll also add a few quarters (rough translation, not literal) to shipping also to get these mailers. Don't worry, I did some rough math and it still should be under $25 from my door to yours. If my plan goes accordingly, it'll not exceed $23. Not bad for a 2XLP gatefold from overseas.

I can only PM 6 people at once with this PM service here and when it comes down to it, I'll send out waves in order of the list. (3 waves of 6 as Matt has two and I don't need to PM myself.) It'll super suck for me but we'll do numbers and paypal/shipping addresses via that. Perhaps special requests on how you want it shipped.

Don't let this post overwhelm you. I need to get these thoughts down or I'll forget. It'll be an easy procedure...but like nervous parents waiting on the arrival of a new kid, the wait will be the only downfall.

This was me tonight:

giphy.gif