PO Now: Stone Temple Pilots - Clean and Dirty (Let Them Eat Vinyl)

I didn't see anything posted about this so...

DELUXE VINYL EDITION!!!

Recorded in the winter of 1994, just a few months after the release of Purple, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are at the height of both their popularity and ability, prior to the issues that would later prove so destructive. Clean and Dirty is a unique document in the group s history: an acoustic set plus an electric set that perfectly illustrates the classic song-writing and tight musicianship that earned such widespread acclaim. From the curious opening in which Scott Weiland is shouted at by an abusive Courtney Love, this concert is the essential live record of Stone Temple Pilots at their very best.

SIDE A

1.Intro

2.Pretty Penny

3.Kitchenware & Candybars

4.Plush

5.Christmas Time Is Here

SIDE B

6.Electric Set Soundcheck

7.Meatplow

8.Vasoline

9.Crackerman

10.Sex Type Thing

http://www.plastichead.com/item.asp?ex=fitem&target=LETV448LP

Is this limited, or is it getting a wide release?

I don't know. I actually stumbled across someone selling one of the test presses of this on eBay, so I tracked it down.

I'm not too familiar with LTEV, but I've seen their Smashing Pumpkins bootlegs on Amazon.

Actually, MusicRecordShop has it.

http://www.musicrecordshop.com/stone-temple-pilots-clean-and-dirty-vinyl-record-2016.html

I don't know. I actually stumbled across someone selling one of the test presses of this on eBay, so I tracked it down.

I'm not too familiar with LTEV, but I've seen their Smashing Pumpkins bootlegs on Amazon.

Actually, MusicRecordShop has it.

http://www.musicrecordshop.com/stone-temple-pilots-clean-and-dirty-vinyl-record-2016.html

Thanks! Will definitely keep my eye on this.

• 4 months later...

Technically from what I understand these aren't bootlegs. This company obtains the rights to various recordings outside of the United States through various radio stations. To me they sound like really good radio broadcasts, probably soundboards... I have the Smashing Pumpkins one (and a few others), they sounds okay, but aren't great. The packaging is good, and the pressing looks solid; at least the ones that I have.

I think if it's worth 35 dollars or not depends on if the LP is of one of your favorite bands. If you're a hardcore STP fan, then yeah this is probably worth the money to have another record to play on the turntable; but if you are okay with digital files I'm sure you can find just as solid of shows on the net.

I grabbed it after hearing the CD version because it sounds very good to me, other than a kind of crappy performance. I am always in for a well produced digital to vinyl Lp when technology seems to finally be catching up to the craft, and I am being positive that this will be the case for "Clean and Dirty" but it could be no better in the end. I am an STP fan from the day "Core" was released, so it will be added to the remastered vinyl collection with no regrets either way. It is a cool document from a superb era for the band.

Edited by My Big 12"

CnD%20Front_zpswqrw2ufz.jpgCnD%20GF_zps1l6egodq.jpgCnD%20Vinyl_zps1sygd5aw.jpgJust recieved this album today. The cover is well done, but the sound is horribly distorted (I guess thats the inherent broadcast), the vinyl was roughly 150g or maybe even less if that matters, but is flat clean and quiet. Horrible performance for the most part IMO.. It is NOT worth $30 by any stretch of the imagination. Stick to the cd if you must, but this is nothing to get anxious to grab unless you gotta have everything out there from STP.

Edited by My Big 12"

On 5/27/2016 at 4:22 PM, My Big 12" said:

I grabbed it after hearing the CD version because it sounds very good to me, other than a kind of crappy performance. I am always in for a well produced digital to vinyl Lp when technology seems to finally be catching up to the craft, and I am being positive that this will be the case for "Clean and Dirty" but it could be no better in the end. I am an STP fan from the day "Core" was released, so it will be added to the remastered vinyl collection with no regrets either way. It is a cool document from a superb era for the band.

I do regret it after all.. haha. Buyer beware.