The Weezer Thread

I'm in early enough for the tri-color, just trying to decide if I should re-order for the white as well. Really liking this record so far, and kind of want the white to go along with the appropriately colored Red & Green I already have.

I say go for it. This album is killer. Then get a Black so you have a Monochrome theme going on, hoping that the tri is black/grey/white.

This will be a great summer album. I'm really excited for the Black album more though. Time to get dark.

Really hoping I can nab a tri color from someone at a reasonable price when this comes out. Been really digging all of the singles so far.

I'm really excited for the Black album more though. Time to get dark.

Has that been announced or are you just assuming they will go in that direction?

I hoping something like Black Hole. It'll be interesting to hear 20 years after that, from a current day Weezer.

The story of SFTBH is one of the biggest letdowns ever to me, because the released material is soooooo good,

Yeah I splurged and got a white.  Over 3,000 orders between my first order and this one....looks like the white may sell out online before the release date.

If you want just one copy, I'll trade you my white for the tri and you can cancel the new one  ;)

The story of SFTBH is one of the biggest letdowns ever to me, because the released material is soooooo good.

Space opera, man, space opera. Maybe one day we will get the whole demo album. I've been waiting 20 years, with a sense of hope 10 years ago with Alone. One day, I think it'll happen.

If anyone needs the 'album' I have two different version.

The first is an edited version reconstructed to get the story to blend well consisting of Home Recordings and such, and to allow better flow.

Act I

1 | Blast Off!

2 | Why Won't You Get With Me Tonight?

3 | Why Bother?

4 | Maria's Theme *

5 | Come To My Pod

6 | On No, This Is Not For Me

7 | Tired of Sex

Act II

8 | Superfriend

9 | She's Had A Girl

10 | Good News! *

11 | Getting Up And Leaving

12 | Now I Finally See

13 | Getchoo

14 | I Just Threw Out The Love of My Dreams

Act III

15 | Waiting On You

16 | There Is No Other One

17 | Devotion

18 | What Is This I Find

19 | Longtime Sunshine

* - only on first version.

FLAC | 320kpbs

The second version is a bit longer and includes more tracks from the Home Recordings, broken up into Act I & II.

Act I

1 | Blast Off! - Jonas, Wuan, Dondo, and Maria blast off into outer space.

2 | Who You Callin' Bitch? - Maria gets upset over Dondo calling her a bitch. Jonas attempts to calm her down.

3 | Oh Jonas - Maria declares her love for Jonas.

4 | Please Remember - Jonas tries to push Maria away, but eventually gives in to Maria's love.

5 | Come to My Pod - Jonas disregards his desire for true love and succumbs to his intense lust for Maria.

6 | You Gave Your Love To Me Softly - Jonas makes love to Maria.

7 | Oh No, This Is Not For Me - Jonas realizes that he is making a mistake by following lust and not love.

8 | I'm Tired of Having Sex - Jonas is tired of a loveless life and just wants to make love come true.

9 | Superfriend - Jonas declares his love for Laurel, but Laurel wants none of it.

10 | Waiting On You - Laurel becomes distant from Jonas, and Jonas is devastated that he may have been lead on.

11 | Getchoo - Jonas vents his frustrations over Laurel leading him on. He realizes that like he has lead Maria on, Laurel has done the same to him.

12 | Interlude - Reprisal of Superfriend separating the two acts.

Act II

13 | Dude, We're Finally Landing - Wuan and Dondo are excited about landing, but Jonas doesn't care.

14 | You Won't Get With Me Tonight - Maria tries to get with Jonas again, but Jonas wants none of it.

15 | Why Bother? - After two failed relationships with Laurel and Maria, Jonas wonders why he should even bother with love.

16 | Getting Up and Leaving - Jonas wishes he could go back home and forget everything that has happened.

17 | She's Had a Girl - Maria gives birth to Jonas' daughter. Jonas decides it would be best to settle with Maria.

18 | Now I Finally See - Jonas repeats his sentiments on now having to surrender to Maria's love.

19 | I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams - Laurel realizes she really was in love with Jonas, but now with Jonas surrendering to Maria's love, there is no way that she can be with him anymore.

20 | There Is No Other One - After becoming a father to Maria's daughter, Jonas realizes now that there is no other one but Maria who he can love, even if she is totally wrong for him.

21 | Devotion - Jonas officially succumbs to Maria's love for good.

22 | What Is This I Find? - Jonas finds an extra-large used condom under Maria's bed.

23 | Longtime Sunshine - Jonas expresses his dissatisfaction with life, and reminisces about the simpler times he used to live in.

FLAC | 320kbps

Out of the four options, the second version in the FLAC format is the best sounding.

I'll upload them for whomever wants them.

Sources:

Alone: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo (2007)

Alone II: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo (2008)

Alone III: The Pinkerton Years (2011)

Pinkerton: Deluxe Edition (2010)

Weezer_sftbh_cover.jpg

Rivers did announce he's working on the Black album.

I read that wrong and thought he was asking about my guess about the tri variant.

But yes, dapeebs, Rivers did announce he is working on the Black Album.

"Speaking with Lowe, Cuomo also revealed that he's already started composing the "Black Album," which he says will be "darker.""

I'm curious to see how many unused Maladroit songs make it on to this, or if it'll be new material. I'm guessing (based off the aforementioned quote) / hoping all new material, since most of the old 'Black Album' material made it onto Maladroit.

They recorded Pinkerton in Boston, at this time The Blue album was huge. Rivers went to Harvard, grew a beard and worked at a thrift shop called " The Garment District". He really didn't want to be famous and none of us recognized him because of his beard. My friends and I used to see him all the time at the store, walking around and hanging out in record stores. This was before the internet covered everything. It wasn't until Pinkerton came out that we all realized that the bearded weird dude who was always walking around was him. That's my story for the day.

They recorded Pinkerton in Boston, at this time The Blue album was huge. Rivers went to Harvard, grew a beard and worked at a thrift shop called " The Garment District". He really didn't want to be famous and none of us recognized him because of his beard. My friends and I used to see him all the time at the store, walking around and hanging out in record stores. This was before the internet covered everything. It wasn't until Pinkerton came out that we all realized that the bearded weird dude who was always walking around was him. That's my story for the day.

Now that's just about every white dude in Williamsburg or Silver Lake.

• 3 weeks later...

Tempted to snag a copy of the white. With 4K pressed I'll probably just wait for a cheap one on Discogs eventually.

Still super curious as to what three colors they're using. Would look strange if they did anything that wasn't white/gray/black. I've heard a lot of blue/green/red but that'd potentially look ridiculous.