The Weezer Thread

Jacked Up is a top 2 for me.  It's not "trademark Weezer" but it's fun and the one that I keep singing in my head after Endless Bummer wraps up.  The only song I don't like much is (Girl We Got) A Good Thing.  It sounds like every mid-tempo jaunty piano song that has ever been proficiently written in a major label recording studio and (as far as I know) it's not on the soundtrack to an early 2000s Ben Stiller romantic comedy so I'm wondering why it even exists.

Jacked Up is a top 2 for me.  It's not "trademark Weezer" but it's fun and the one that I keep singing in my head after Endless Bummer wraps up.  The only song I don't like much is (Girl We Got) A Good Thing.  It sounds like every mid-tempo jaunty piano song that has ever been proficiently written in a major label recording studio and (as far as I know) it's not on the soundtrack to an early 2000s Ben Stiller romantic comedy so I'm wondering why it even exists.

It's Rivers taking influence from Brian Wilson, or, at least, that was my perception.

So crazy the polarizing opinions on this album!!! So let me weigh in! Lol

Personally I'm in love with White album. But maybe thats bcuz i didnt truly start listening to Weezer until Make Believe era. So I'm not, what some who were in their late-teens-to-20s in 1994, what you would call a Weezer elitist. . Really liked EWBAITE, but it lacked those laid back melodies that, not until recently, I came to love from Blue album. White album, to me, is so happy and just an all around fun listen. And it'd been a long time since I was able to say that after listening to any Weezer record.  And "Do You Wanna Get High?" satisfied my need for a Pinkerton-esque  track so thats just a plus.

9/10 IMO. 

Quick Pinkerton question:

Is the RM on the 4 LP edition the same as the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab one? Just got the RM Blue and love it so I want to continue the streak. Also, do either of the Pinkertons come in that thick sleeve like Blue?

my understanding is that they are different masters but of equal quality

Quick Pinkerton question:

Is the RM on the 4 LP edition the same as the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab one? Just got the RM Blue and love it so I want to continue the streak. Also, do either of the Pinkertons come in that thick sleeve like Blue?

The MoFi Pinkerton comes in the same packaging "thick sleeve" that Blue comes in. The 4LP has pretty delicate packaging. The records are held in book-like gatefold- It's not very study (at least not mine.) The records are all 180-gram which is nice. It's worth it for the B-Sides and extra content. 

Also whIte wax at NOV, albeit likely more expensive If you're in the US.

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/weezer-weezer-ltd.html

This was the only other place that I could find stocking white, but with the exchange rate at the moment, it works out cheaper to order direct from Weezer.