The Weezer Thread

15 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

BM just upped the price on Blue (blue) from $37 to $45. And I thought it was pricey before.

15 hours ago, ejc625 said:

That's more in line with what Amazon has it listed for.

$35 at SRC.

Cant decide if I wanna PO the new blue pressing of Blue or wait for the black copies. 

On September 9, 2016 at 4:13 PM, ethanpricington said:

7" Split w/ Wavves just announced via Instagram. /2000 (1000 translucent blue / 1000 black) Has unreleased song 

preorders live Monday 9/12 @ 12pm EST 

preorder.ghostramp.com

Sorry if mentioned but when is this being released so I know when to start checking discogs and eBay for these?  

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

$35 at SRC.

Cant decide if I wanna PO the new blue pressing of Blue or wait for the black copies. 

IMPO - I'd shell out the extra $$. I have the VMP Pressing and the MOFI Black pressing and they sound amazing (used same plates if I remember correctly). Not sure if these reissues will be using them as well. But I do know this, those MOFI presses sound like heaven

1 minute ago, ethanpricington said:

IMPO - I'd shell out the extra $$. I have the VMP Pressing and the MOFI Black pressing and they sound amazing (used same plates if I remember correctly). Not sure if these reissues will be using them as well. But I do know this, those MOFI presses sound like heaven

Yeah, I'd like the MoFi presses, but a 2-for-1 on black copies is also a steal. I don't own either of those albums because of the prices. 

16 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Considering the price point of the RPs, I highly, HIGHLY doubt they'll be using the MoFi plates.

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

FYI - I got an email from Ghost Ramp about ETA For the 7" split, says it's supposed to ship out "late November"

Plus an enamel pin, patch or trading card with every single preorder...

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

FYI - I got an email from Ghost Ramp about ETA For the 7" split, says it's supposed to ship out "late November"

Plus an enamel pin, patch or trading card with every single preorder...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 8:45 PM, vinyl addict said:

Anyone find the lowest price for the MFSL Blue album on blue vinyl?

Amazon seems high, both in UK and US.

I saw a copy on Discogs for $31ppd yesterday. Keep your eye on there.

Got mine today and am happy with how it sounds. Wish they would have just done solid blue instead of marbling though.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Bought the DMM represses of Blue and Green today for $15 apiece. Almost through Blue and it sounds great. I'd been holding off getting these due to pricing on the older presses, so if you've been doing the same, these are worth the money. 

Yes! So glad these are good pressings. Had been hOlding off on Maladroit and Red due to high prices and also heard Red (Red Vinyl press) sounds horrible. Will be picking these up for sure! 

On 10/28/2016 at 0:02 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Bought the DMM represses of Blue and Green today for $15 apiece. Almost through Blue and it sounds great. I'd been holding off getting these due to pricing on the older presses, so if you've been doing the same, these are worth the money. 

Good to hear, thanks. I saw these at a shop Friday, not expecting that new reissues were coming out. Been hoping to pick up a copy of the blue album at some point. 

I contemplated buying one of the new issues of the blue album yesterday, having not owned it since the CD I bought in '94. The quality of the artwork made me reluctant, though. The blue seemed darker, the humans kind of pixelated and not so crisp. Could be just because I never examined it that closely in a larger format than CD, could be that the quality of the artwork isn't on par with the original or other issues. Can anyone provide any insight? I remember the cover being a slightly brighter blue, closer to true cyan.