The Weezer Thread

7 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Who still downloads shit?  Spotify?  Youtube? etc etc....

Seems like almost all download codes are going away, in this day and age where there is a 100 different places to easily listen to a 20 year old record.

You ask who does something inconvenient and dated on a record forum? ;)

Serious answer though would be people who may be spending time in places where there is no reception/wifi regularly. I download stuff all the time. Guess I'm just an old man who won't get with the times.

Edited by Ishtar

10 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Seems like almost all download codes are going away, in this day and age where there is a 100 different places to easily listen to a 20 year old record.

Some of us don't give a shit about compressed streams.  Crazy huh?  Further, I have multiple copies of this album already and yeah, I can listen to it anywhere at any time, but that doesn't mean everyone does, can,  or prefers to.  There's multiple reasons I could go on about wanting downloadable files, but I'm not going to bother here other than to say would it wouldn't kill the label to offer up some downloads as a lot of new releases do.

Download cards add an unnecessary level of complication and stress to reselling limited edition vinyl. Whenever a customer emails me to complain that their download card expired or wasn't included with their $150 record, I send them this boilerplate response:

Edited by just a normal guy kevin

• 2 months later...

In case there are still some of you out there who dont appreciate how great the White Album was, here's another example of what could've been on that album: 

Typical melodies without any of the fuzz = no bueno. The more and more I hear from Rivers lately the more I grow skeptical of the forthcoming Black Album. 

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

In case there are still some of you out there who dont appreciate how great the White Album was, here's another example of what could've been on that album: 

Wow that was bad. Made it through almost a full minute before I had to turn it off.

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

Typical melodies without any of the fuzz = no bueno. The more and more I hear from Rivers lately the more I grow skeptical of the forthcoming Black Album. 

Acknowledging how terrible it could have been really does elevate Everything Will Be Alright in the End and the white album a bit. They're both decent, dumb fun albums that become good/noteworthy Weezer albums because everything else recent is so awful.

3 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Jesus christ....

woo

• 3 weeks later...