The Weezer Thread

5 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Also possible RSD list leaked earlier and had both a Teal Album release as well as a 'B-Sides' release. 

The B Sides is the Dusty Gems disc that came with the Blue Album Deluxe CD in ‘04. I remember buying that and the DVD the day it came out. So excited those songs are finally coming to vinyl. 

29 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

The B Sides is the Dusty Gems disc that came with the Blue Album Deluxe CD in ‘04. I remember buying that and the DVD the day it came out. So excited those songs are finally coming to vinyl. 

Well congrats RSD ur gonna get me outta the whouse this year 

Two more albums in the works...

What I’ve been working on the last two weeks is back to big guitars. Blue Album-ish, but a little more riffy. The working title is Van Weezer. The inspiration came from our live shows, where, in the middle of “Beverly Hills,” unlike on the album, everything stops and I just break out with this crazy guitar solo. We noticed that, recently, the crowd just goes crazy when I do that. So it feels like maybe the audience is ready for some shredding again.

Van Weezer is in mortal combat with Okay Human, a record that’s mostly done. That one’s totally different. It’s inspired by an album from 1970 called Nilsson Sings Newman. It’s all piano-based, but it has a ton of orchestration. We just did the strings at Abbey Road. It’s just gorgeous melodies and extremely eccentric lyrics.”