The Weezer Thread

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

The green variant has the edited version of Hash Pipe, and the mix is garbage. I bet this pressing will be the same. I’m just gonna wait for a cheap MoFi copy to pop up one day. Especially since Green Album isn’t in their top 3. 

I thought the original green press was the only pressing with the original Hash Pipe and all subsequent pressings has the radio edit?

14 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Weezer sucks huge donkey dick, no offense. Nevermind that Pitchfork gave the first two albums 10s. I think they are 1.0s. 

Guys. I've seen a lot of this lately. And thought to myself : "Man, why are people just going to threads of bands they, to their own right, do not like at all, and commenting about how much they do not like said band? It must be super fun or satisfying in some way. So, as the natural born 'follower' or 'easily influenced' person that I am, will be conducting an experiment by going to as many threads as possible and dissing the band. Look forward to the experience! Wish me luck! ✌️

11 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Guys. I've seen a lot of this lately. And thought to myself : "Man, why are people just going to threads of bands they, to their own right, do not like at all, and commenting about how much they do not like said band? It must be super fun or satisfying in some way. So, as the natural born 'follower' or 'easily influenced' person that I am, will be conducting an experiment by going to as many threads as possible and dissing the band. Look forward to the experience! Wish me luck! ✌️

I saw your post in the Foo Fighters thread before this and was like "wtf?  that's great..."

18 hours ago, highfives said:

I thought the original green press was the only pressing with the original Hash Pipe and all subsequent pressings has the radio edit?

you are correct. The original green press is the only one with the original Hash Pipe. The MOFI press has the altered version.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.riverscuomo.com/demos

2,500+ "demo" tracks available for sale, as a result of Rivers' web programming class final project. 😂

https://www.spin.com/2020/12/weezers-rivers-cuomo-is-selling-2655-previously-unreleased-demos-for-a-class-project/

Edited by mitchard
Added second link.

15 hours ago, mitchard said:

https://www.riverscuomo.com/demos

2,500+ "demo" tracks available for sale, as a result of Rivers' web programming class final project. 😂

https://www.spin.com/2020/12/weezers-rivers-cuomo-is-selling-2655-previously-unreleased-demos-for-a-class-project/

I bought a few of them, and some are good and fully formed songs, and others are 30 second memos of like half a riff and it's called "c'mon bitch"

I'll definitely be buying some of these bundles (basically up to 2000/2002). I'd love to reclaim all those album 5 demos I lost when I deleted duplicate takes of songs during a hd space limitation purge. Anyone know if this marks a further improvement over existing compilations of Songs From The Black Hole?

4 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I'll definitely be buying some of these bundles (basically up to 2000/2002). I'd love to reclaim all those album 5 demos I lost when I deleted duplicate takes of songs during a hd space limitation purge. Anyone know if this marks a further improvement over existing compilations of Songs From The Black Hole?

So many of the album 4 demos they put up on an almost daily basis were great, and further served to make the actual albums seem poor. The Blue/Pink, Black Room, Green & Maladroit bundles could be very interesting

12 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

So many of the album 4 demos they put up on an almost daily basis were great, and further served to make the actual albums seem poor. The Blue/Pink, Black Room, Green & Maladroit bundles could be very interesting

I've got all of them. Black Room is great, there's some good stuff in the Green and Maladroit demos too. A lot of the Green and Mala demos are similar to the demos we already have from those time periods. I was also pleasantly surprised with the Make Believe demos. I hate that record, but there was way better stuff that could've been on there.

• 1 year later...

I don't know how this hasn't been shared in this thread (aside from the fact that it isn't vinyl related), but MAN... it really hits all the right notes for me and finds a way to be both funny and deep in my opinion. Also it honestly left me with the understanding that although I haven't liked much of the latter Weezer I should appreciate what it means to other people. VERY recommended viewing.

What Makes This Song Stink Vol. 3 - Weezer's Beverly Hills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeEyncm_jQ

2 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I don't know how this hasn't been shared in this thread (aside from the fact that it isn't vinyl related), but MAN... it really hits all the right notes for me and finds a way to be both funny and deep in my opinion. Also it honestly left me with the understanding that although I haven't liked much of the latter Weezer I should appreciate what it means to other people. VERY recommended viewing.

What Makes This Song Stink Vol. 3 - Weezer's Beverly Hills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeEyncm_jQ

I’ve watched that video, and while great, you are forced to listen to Beverly Hills, so be warned. Haha. 

lol, they're actually going to produce four separate releases

Apparently, there will be pre-orders for the Spring vinyl variants at noon eastern today but "these vinyl LPs will not be shipping for a good while."

Five variants:
Spring splatter
Little bit of love transparent red
Garden of Eden emerald green (fan club exclusive)
Angels glow in the dark (indies exclusive)
Standard black