The Weezer Thread

On 3/17/2022 at 9:19 AM, stl_ben said:

People not liking EWBAITE also baffles me.  To me it's the most solid post Green album they have done.

Thanks for this, I slept on this album. Just checked it out after being disappointed with the new release. It sounds like the Weezer I wanted to hear. 

2 hours ago, sugareggs said:

Thanks for this, I slept on this album. Just checked it out after being disappointed with the new release. It sounds like the Weezer I wanted to hear. 

Curious how many of those people actually know the story of the album. Maybe if they knew what the album was about they’d appreciate it more, cause it’s fantastic. Green was trying to be an in between of Blue and Pinkerton and just didn’t work well. 

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

Curious how many of those people actually know the story of the album. Maybe if they knew what the album was about they’d appreciate it more, cause it’s fantastic. Green was trying to be an in between of Blue and Pinkerton and just didn’t work well. 

I’m curious now! Is there a link to a story, article? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Autumn Gold https://weezerwebstore.com/products/sznz-autumn-gold-vinyl

Autumn Ruby https://weezerwebstore.com/products/sznz-autumn-ruby-vinyl

Ships May 2023.

I hate that they combined all 3 seasons into this one album on Spotify. Queued it up this morning only to realize it was 14 songs too many. Real stupid.

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Ships May 2023.

Lol. For whatever reason I keep thinking back to The Office episode with the cold open where Michael is talking to Pam about watching Oprah and now wanting to adopt a kid from China. When Pam tells him it could be like a year wait he says (paraphrasing): "A year? I may not even want a kid in 12 months." lol 

That right there perfectly describes my interest in these EP's. They seem to be ok, but will I really want them when May 2023 rolls around. 😅

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, Sad Heart said:

Apparently Winter is gonna sound like Elliott Smith. 

Don’t know if this has been said before, but:

Spring - optimistic - ‘Island In The Sun’

Summer - angry - Alt 90s 

Autumn - anxious - Dance Rock (Franz Ferdinand)

Winter - sad - 90s Singer Songwriter / Elliott Smith

I'm not a huge fan of Elliott Smith, so not sure if this sounds like him...but after first listen I feel like Winter EP just sounds like some the most Weezer songs the bands put out since White album. Loved 'I Want a Dog' and 'Dark Enough to See the Stars' as well as 'The Deep and Dreamless Sleep'.

I feel like there's a really solid album if you essentially take the standouts from each EP. 

Edited by ethanpricington

14 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

I'm not a huge fan of Elliott Smith, so not sure if this sounds like him...but after first listen I feel like Winter EP just sounds like some the most Weezer songs the bands put out since White album. Loved 'I Want a Dog' and 'Dark Enough to See the Stars' as well as 'The Deep and Dreamless Sleep'.

I feel like there's a really solid album if you essentially take the standouts from each EP. 

Sounds absolutely nothing like ES, if there is any influence at all its barely detectable  

1 hour ago, CeCeCe said:

Sounds absolutely nothing like ES, if there is any influence at all its barely detectable  

I think "The One That Got Away" is probably what Rivers was referring to when he mentioned Elliott Smith, mainly because it's very likely inspired by Jennifer Chiba, an ex of his who was Elliott Smith's partner when he died. Musically, though, it's still very much Weezer.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you can pre-order the SZNZ: Spring EP from Indie Record Stores now.

The variant is listed as Glow In the Dark

Rel. Date: 02/03/2023
UPC: 075678635120

Weezer - SZNZ: Spring EP [Indie Exclusive Limited Edition Glow In The Dark Vinyl] | RECORD STORE DAY

• 1 month later...