Jump to content
stl_ben

The Weezer Thread

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

I’m so scared after Pacific Daydream. I mean, what could be even MORE of a deviation? A fucking reggae Weezer album? Jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of exclusive re-issues are scheduled for release on 18 May.

Blue album (opaque blue vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Weezer-Blue-Album-Exclusive-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5UEG0000000

Pinkerton (opaque clear vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Pinkerton-Exclusive-Clear-Opaque-Vinyl/5UEI0000000

They are also available at recordstore.co.uk, but don't appear to be limited.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Roandy55 said:

Pinkerton (opaque clear vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Pinkerton-Exclusive-Clear-Opaque-Vinyl/5UEI0000000

They are also available at recordstore.co.uk, but don't appear to be limited.

 

 

 

 

 

The fuck does "opaque clear" mean? Those are two contradictory descriptors.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 5:57 PM, Roandy55 said:

A couple of exclusive re-issues are scheduled for release on 18 May.

Blue album (opaque blue vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Weezer-Blue-Album-Exclusive-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5UEG0000000

Pinkerton (opaque clear vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Pinkerton-Exclusive-Clear-Opaque-Vinyl/5UEI0000000

They are also available at recordstore.co.uk, but don't appear to be limited.

This looks like the same re-releases that The Sound of Vinyl is pushing. They told me the Blue album is not sourced from the master.  

Edited by DealsOnVinyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Someone actually thought this was an original?  :blink:

 

Also, https://pitchfork.com/news/weezer-cover-totos-rosanna-trolling-viral-campaign-for-africa-cover/

Pretty funny trolling on their part.

Weezer is a really diverse band. It'd be stupid if I listened to any song from them and had expectations for what I thought it would sound like. That's also why half their fanbase is a bunch of whiners complaining about how only Blue and Pinkerton are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

Weezer is a really diverse band. It'd be stupid if I listened to any song from them and had expectations for what I thought it would sound like. That's also why half their fanbase is a bunch of whiners complaining about how only Blue and Pinkerton are good.

When a band covers another bands song, and then makes the artwork mimic the style and aesthetic of the original bands artwork, then yes....at that point you can definitely have an expectation as to what the song will sound like...considering its already a song and all.. 

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

When a band covers another bands song, and then makes the artwork mimic the style and aesthetic of the original bands artwork, then yes....at that point you can definitely have an expectation as to what the song will sound like...considering its already a song and all.. 

 

:lol:

When you wake up in the morning and see a YouTube notification that Weezer has a new song and the bio doesn't mention it being a cover, you don't know that. That's what happened with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

their fanbase is a bunch of whiners complaining about how only Blue and Pinkerton are good.

As whole albums, this is still true. But true fans know there are obviously so many song(s) from the later albums (sans-Raditude) that are great. Plus White album is legitimately right behind Pinkerton & Blue for me. 

15 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

When you wake up in the morning and see a YouTube notification that Weezer has a new song and the bio doesn't mention it being a cover, you don't know that. That's what happened with me.

Totes understand bruh. Them Yuhtub vid notes are the wooooooooorst. Ami right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 10:57 PM, Roandy55 said:

Pinkerton (opaque clear vinyl)

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Pinkerton-Exclusive-Clear-Opaque-Vinyl/5UEI0000000

They are also available at recordstore.co.uk, but don't appear to be limited.

What happened to this? I can see Blue album exclusive, but I don't have Pinkerton and would've gone for this, but it's vanished. Not even a whiff of existence. Didthey pull it completely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 2:59 PM, whoa said:

What happened to this? I can see Blue album exclusive, but I don't have Pinkerton and would've gone for this, but it's vanished. Not even a whiff of existence. Didthey pull it completely?

My guess it's completely sold out because everyone busts nuts over Pinkerton.  I ordered a copy, but haven't gotten any emails about it being cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×