VC Round-Up // EU Group Buy [3 - Meniscus?]

29 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Don't get confused: many of the records you've listed are not available anymore (e.g. almost all The Ocean records, Delusions of Grandeur, etc...)

I just doubled checked. So odd that some are showing in stock via computer but not in stock on mobile for me. Hmm. 

Oh well. Still a lot of great stuff available. 

I gotta play my copy of Give Me Beauty later today... it's been a while since I've spun that. 

I just don't want to miss the Seven Mile Journey, and we could probably get another great deal from Wout.  For myself anyway, I have just about everything I want from Pelagic, save for the PG.Lost/Wang Wen split.  I always forget to order that when I pre-order other stuff from them.  But all the Mono stuff can be had from Temporary Residence LTD anyway (AFAIK).  Pretty sure they've got it all in stock.

Someday I hope they secure the rights to the debut album, though.  Pretty sure it's my favorite.  They told me they've been trying for 12 years, and no luck.  I don't get why people wouldn't ever agree to let more music be released! 

17 hours ago, Sasan said:

$$$

yeah but having it released again would generate further profits!  People are stupid.  Don't hoard music.  Let it be released.  You're going to die eventually anyway, and it's not like Mono are a band like U2 where the financial implications are super huge and allow you to buy 2 houses.  

On 10/8/2016 at 11:42 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

You guys think maybe we should do a group buy for the new Seven Mile Journey from Dunk!?

This band never fails...  new album is great. 

You know this is one of my favorite groups, and though I love vinyl, and would love to see all 5 releases on catalogue, I'm choosing not to fork out $30 + $10 shipping on this, but will either get the digital and burn a CD (my CD player holds 5) or ask them to autograph a CD $20ppd instead.  I have to play all 5 in sequence when I listen to them, and ration to avoid overplay burnout.  Also it's a bit like GY!BE, having to get up 3 times to turn over a 2xLP - frustrating to break up the atmosphere.

17 minutes ago, drds89 said:

You know this is one of my favorite groups, and though I love vinyl, and would love to see all 5 releases on catalogue, I'm choosing not to fork out $30 + $10 shipping on this, but will either get the digital and burn a CD (my CD player holds 5) or ask them to autograph a CD $20ppd instead.  I have to play all 5 in sequence when I listen to them, and ration to avoid overplay burnout.  Also it's a bit like GY!BE, having to get up 3 times to turn over a 2xLP - frustrating to break up the atmosphere.

Yeah.... that's why I floated the group-buy idea.  It's pretty pricey.... but then again, I spent that much on my Show Me A Dinosaur stuff.  I just don't want to miss and then have to pay twice that on Discogs down the line.  

They're offering physical CDs themselves though?  I'd love to get one for my car.  

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah.... that's why I floated the group-buy idea.  It's pretty pricey.... but then again, I spent that much on my Show Me A Dinosaur stuff.  I just don't want to miss and then have to pay twice that on Discogs down the line.  

They're offering physical CDs themselves though?  I'd love to get one for my car.  

Yes, on their bandcamp page. Vinyl and CD.

On 8/27/2016 at 9:56 PM, abovetheearth said:

I didn't get enough for Lost In Kiev, so that one died as well 

THIS.

// Lost In Kiev | Nuit Noire

/ 2xLP

/ A/B | Clear w. White Splatter

/ C/D | Clear w. Black Splatter

"The second album’s concept is an anthem of the night. Odes to nights of dreams and nights of loneliness that also become mystical.
The stories will immerse you in each of these Nuits Noires. The origins of our music are firmly grounded in post rock. However, more direct layouts of the new tracks, a more airy sound and an electronic touch will reveal a new sound direction. "

Their progressive energy leads to oneiric epic post-rock while still emitting the massive energy of post-rock. Their influences are Russian Circles, Red Sparowes, 65daysofstatic, Cult of Luna, Maybeshewill, Mogwai,...

Nuit Noire, their second full album, is an anthem of the night. Odes to nights of dreams and nights of loneliness that also becomes mystical. The stories (written and recorded by the band) will immerse you in each of these Nuits Noires. As you can deduct from their influences Lost In Kiev's origins are firmly grounded in post-rock. However, more direct layouts of the new tracks, a more airy sound and an electronic touch will reveal their new direction.

"If you love post-metal then make sure not to miss this incredible release." — Will Not Fade

“Nuit Noire pushes Lost in Kiev’s songwriting to an entirely new level, showcasing their ability to write dynamic compositions that seamlessly merge sprawling instrumentation and mood setting samples to weave a compelling narrative.” — Tometal

Listen:

FB | www.facebook.com/lostinkiev/
YT | www.youtube.com/user/Wearelostinkiev
INSTA | www.instagram.com/lostinkiev_band
SC | soundcloud.com/lostinkiev

BC | https://lostinkiev.bandcamp.com/album/nuit-noire

NuitNoireCover_medium.jpg?v=1473106843cf880bfd7be8bf8c153ccd1cf4b21f92_medium.b2aabd0edbb422ff7da01493b0db1c9f_medium.

P1030976.jpg?format=750w

Edited by Dave Grohl

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, the Meniscus vinyl is now live, and Wout said it's unlikely any get shipped to A Thousand Arms. 

I know you all have your own private board now, but it seems like a good idea to get as many people as possible to try to get copies of these over here.

Refractions - 28euro  2xLP 180g black or 180g translucent purple  https://shop.dunkfestival.com/collections/frontpage/products/meniscus-refractions-2xlp

War of Currents - 23euro   180g black    https://shop.dunkfestival.com/collections/frontpage/products/meniscus-war-of-currents-lp