VC Round-Up // EU Group Buy [3 - Meniscus?]

I know edit: "smailtronic" organizes group buys from DENOVALI, think he was just advertising doing one on the Instrumental/PostRock thread, so, if anyone knows him personally, please shoot him a PM and link to this thread. Denovali has some quality bands, quality product though prices are a little steep on some things, especially distro items.

This is going to make it waaaaay too easy for me to spend too much money.

Indeed, not just one release ie If Wolves, but one STORE order....really opens this sucker wide open.

I'm gonna wait until Saturday to start counting items of interest from those that have posted already. Considering Kokomo's gonna be all the rage tomorrow once that new song drops, I'd like to funnel that interest to this thread and get as many people on board as possible. Once it dies down a bit we can get this super-group buy in motion.

I think that's the genius of the one-store group buy: Not everyone has to get the same thing. Sure, the label owner might give a discount for, say, 10 of the same record, but that doesn't change the fact that anything on top of that will be cheaper from lower shipping and the bundle cost as well. For example, I'm probably gonna pass on If Wolves, but, since it's from the Stargazer Store, I'll be able to grab that Astralia album with the rest of the order. If you want S/T I'll mark it down. I can't see whoever I end up talking to having a problem with that.

Put me down for the S/T as well as If Wolves on both CD and LP.

Listening to "Epochs and Archives" right now. Good lord.... this is unreal.

I'd take Toundra II & IV LPs

Denovali has both if anyone wants something from there

I think I'd be down for both of these. Maybe we do Denovali next month?

They have all that Year of No Light stuff too... grrr

Definitely in for If Wolves as well!

Edit: Hmm...not sure how much we'll save here -- the shipping is €10 on ICorrupt, but it still brings the PPD total for US buyers to $24. It might not be worth all the hassle if there's that many of us interested and it'll only save a couple bucks. Not sure the cost from Dunk, though.

Edit: Hmm...not sure how much we'll save here -- the shipping is €10 on ICorrupt, but it still brings the PPD total for US buyers to $24. It might not be worth all the hassle if there's that many of us interested and it'll only save a couple bucks. Not sure the cost from Dunk, though.

Thanks for pointing this out. $24 PPD to import a quality post-rock album, /300, on clear vinyl? Works for me.

Edit: Hmm...not sure how much we'll save here -- the shipping is €10 on ICorrupt, but it still brings the PPD total for US buyers to $24. It might not be worth all the hassle if there's that many of us interested and it'll only save a couple bucks. Not sure the cost from Dunk, though.

Yeah, $24ppd is really good, doubt we'll save much on it.

The good news on Dunk is this, as i found out after ordering my massive order.

His shipping is free for a certain price point and he takes an additional 5% off...i would be the farm that he will on this order.

5% added up to a large sum is good enough for $20-30 off and entire order too.

also, keep in mind that it may get inspected and that is an added cost that is not in most estimates.

Alright looks like we're doing this first one through Dunk!, which is good. I initially set that deadline for a week and a half from now, but it's now looking like If Wolves might not last that long, so I'm going to send out a preliminary email to the guy in charge and let him know the plans.

Let me know what you guys want. Here's what I know so far...

If Wolves for...
Dave Grohl
Thomas3 + S/T LP
The Butcha + S/T LP
cantdance
monsterrod
BillyA
robotfactory + S/T LP, - If Wolves LP
Gumbo +S/T CD, S/T LP, If Wolves CD, If Wolves LP
KingTaco
JRHews
justin_cole12