PO NOW: Wintersleep Represses (First 3 Albums)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The represses of the first three albums just went up in stealth: https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/wintersleep

The colored variants are limited to just 150 apiece, so get on it before their social media accounts post about it! Otherwise, black vinyl doesn't seem to be limited and is 180g. All records come with a 7 inch of b-sides.  Shipping absolutely sucks if you're in the USA.

Edited by backpackoat

2 hours ago, drrowe said:

This was also included in the Dine Alone press release.

"The band and label are also hard at work on a limited edition box set, with details to be revealed later this year."

I'm excited to see how this turns out!

I was wondering why they didn't have a box or package option, this explains it. I wonder why it didn't just go up with everything else though. Oh well, better safe than sorry ordering these while I have the heads-up

3 hours ago, backpackoat said:

I was wondering why they didn't have a box or package option, this explains it. I wonder why it didn't just go up with everything else though. Oh well, better safe than sorry ordering these while I have the heads-up

I imagine they are trying to put together a full catalogue boxset. 

11 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I'm not into Hello Hum and The Great Detachment is just OK, but New Inheritors is great.

I will give New Inheritors another listen this week but I remember the remarkable disappointment I felt when I first got a copy in 2010 and sat down to listen to it. I remember feeling so sad for the band that they had written, released, and recorded such an unremarkable album.

There is also an important context for the first three albums for me though, I was living in Halifax in 2002/2003 and saw a few shows where there were 10-20 people there, attended the album release show for the first album, and saw them live at poorly attended shows and house parties in New Brunswick throughout the next two albums. So, for me it's really just a lack of personal connection to the music from 2010 on I guess.

But, I should give the albums a chance, and I will. I have a few 13 hour flights coming up on Sunday - so I'll load up my phone with the jams. I still doubt I'll ever want them on large format physical media though.

Anyway, I am 100% stoked to have been awake early enough to grab all three coloured presses today. Might end up selling my original Welcome, even.

Confirmed in a Facebook post that the upcoming box set will just be the first three albums (on black vinyl with some extras), so I really don't understand why it didn't all go up at once. No big deal, though, just weird. 

"There's also a box set in the works. The box set will include the first 3 records, plus additional b-sides, demos, exclusives and expanded artwork. More than what is currently included in the separate vinyl packages. It will be all 180 gram black vinyl. More on that soon!"

Edited by backpackoat

• 1 month later...

New Postdata album from Paul Murphy, lead singer of Wintersleep. I really dig the first Postdata album, so even with less than ideal international shipping, I pulled the trigger. Currently limited to 100 hand numbered copies. 

https://shop.paperbagrecords.com/products/lets-be-wilderness?mc_cid=53d3570b1b&mc_eid=3a0ae33a60

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2018 at 8:46 AM, Tommy said:

Love the work Dine Alone does on their pressings but I’ll be damned if I don’t remember how long we waited for those moneen records. Still ordered me a red untitled with quickness 

Good news, I got my email saying they're ready for pick up so I'd say the wait is over - no bundle 2 nightmare.