[PO] Boris with Merzbow - Gensho - 4xLP deluxe set or 2 2xLP sets

I'm definitely tempted... but what do they mean with the whole "designed to be played at the same time" They want me to play part a on vinyl and part C on CD at the same time? Bleh this is some Zareeika bullshit. Will they still be whole songs played separately?

I'm guessing it's like how they did Droneevil, which I think worked well separately.

Rosetta did something like that with The Galilean Satellites, that had a second disc of electronic/ambient/drone music that was designed to be played simultaneously with the full album. Don't know if that ever translated to the vinyl version though.

We'll find out when the 4xLP of that comes out :)

We'll find out when the 4xLP of that comes out :)

they just released a B sides and rarities download called "Dead Enders Reunion" and if you actually buy it for like 1$ or more it comes with a download of both TGS in a digital version so you can here what it sounds like. But not on vinyl Just Yet! 

Rosetta did something like that with The Galilean Satellites, that had a second disc of electronic/ambient/drone music that was designed to be played simultaneously with the full album. Don't know if that ever translated to the vinyl version though.

Yes, of course. There were two sets, TGS1 (two variants: blue and black) and TGS2 (yellow vinyl).

I'm always down for new boris. I wish it was new songs but this does sound amazing. I'm about 3 records away from having a complete boris collection on vinyl. 

I was able to assemble the goddamned DIY "The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked" box. The only record by them I don't have yet that I'd want is Pink, but I can pick that up pretty easily.

Yup, still in need of that 1st solomon if anyone wants to sell!

Yeah I had to break down and buy one for 70 on discogs, I watched like a hawk on ebay for a long time and never saw one pop up. I have 2 copies of pink, but I still need the japanese version of Pink and the Japanese version of Smile and the first 10" and the 7" boris/tomsk split and the 7" boris/dudley corporation split. Then I'm going to start on variants, like the  european drone version of Vein, and the Venom picture disc of akuma no uta. I'm also looking for some of their CD only stuff as well. So i guess I still have a ways to go.

• 1 month later...