PO Soon: Mamiffer - The World Unseen LP

jhulud

I've had time to listen to this three times now and it's a wonderful album.  Does anyone else feel like the track order is a little odd though?  I think that it would've worked better with the noise tracks first, something like B->C->A.  Going from the piano and vocal driven songs to the noise doesn't flow too well to my ears (although it might be better without an interruption).  Minor issue aside, this thing is damn good!

I've had time to listen to this three times now and it's a wonderful album. Does anyone else feel like the track order is a little odd though? I think that it would've worked better with the noise tracks first, something like B->C->A. Going from the piano and vocal driven songs to the noise doesn't flow too well to my ears (although it might be better without an interruption). Minor issue aside, this thing is damn good!

I get mine tomorrow... so psyched

I've had time to listen to this three times now and it's a wonderful album.  Does anyone else feel like the track order is a little odd though?  I think that it would've worked better with the noise tracks first, something like B->C->A.  Going from the piano and vocal driven songs to the noise doesn't flow too well to my ears (although it might be better without an interruption).  Minor issue aside, this thing is damn good!

Jonathan, for some reason I feel like you are a brave man for posting this haha :) Their  experimental noise is really polar for me, hot or cold. However, I can see why they arranged the album this way though. BCA would have lost me.

I'll don the asbestos and say most like likely Domestication of the Ewe suite has a strong chance of being relegated to background vs attentive listening henceforth. I think I have gotten really attached to Faith's vocals from Statu and Mara. But as you conclude, this is a wonderful release. Looking forward to the cassette, as without interruption, the noise will get likely get solidified into the whole picture.

Bummer no d/l with the vinyl as this was a bit stiff on the wallet, even for 2xLP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my copy of Brilliant Tabernacle in on Saturday and have given it a few listens.  I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.  A side is real similar to the song posted in here, B side reminds me of the Locrian collab.  There might be too much flute on the A side for my taste.  Wouldn't call it fantasy metal by any stretch, but that's what I keep thinking of.  I'm hoping it'll grow on me once I get more used to the slight shift in sound.