Rocky Votolato - Sawdust & Shavings

corey.

Gonna bump this for anyone who missed out. This EP release was very last second so there wasn't any press/premieres. The EP is streaming in full on Rocky's bandcamp.

We've got less than half of the /100 variant left. Thanks to all of ya'll who have bought it. They're expected to be here by the end of march.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is still on schedule for this release. Just talked to the plant and they should be done by the end of march and shipped by the first week of april (hopefully) - All orders come with an instant download!

You can stream this EP on bandcamp here: https://rockyvotolato.bandcamp.com/album/sawdust-shavings-ep

Pre orders are here: http://www.wearenearmint.com/products/567015-rocky-votolato-sawdust-shavings

We've sold more than half of the /100 and /150 variants, don't sleep!

p.s. for those who are into cassettes, the tapes started shipping in february and there's only a few left of the rarest variant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be ungrateful for you pressing this, but I feel like offering a discount of 25% to potential buyers prior to the record releasing is a real slap in the face to the people who pre-ordered this when it was initially posted. Just my 2 cents though.

It's how sales work. It was unrelated to this release, we had an easter/spring cleaning sale on all of our items. It's kind of how it's worked in the history of forever.

I understand the concept of sales, just would have thought if he wanted to drum up more sales he would wait til the record was released and not during a pre-order period.

Either way, excited to add this to my collection.

A lot of stores exclude pre orders from their sales, NM opted to go site wide. Shit happens. Order one less cup of Starbucks this week and it'll be like you never lost those couple bucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can do you one better (or worse).  I just cleaned mine with my Record Doctor cleaner to get all that weird sandy stuff that covers so many GZ pressed colored vinyl and I have major surface noise.  I cleaned it a second time to the same result.  And it's constant, through the whole record making it pretty much unlistenable.  It sounds pretty nice, despite the continual frying chicken sound.

On 4/30/2016 at 0:49 AM, xxmartinxx said:

Well, I can do you one better (or worse).  I just cleaned mine with my Record Doctor cleaner to get all that weird sandy stuff that covers so many GZ pressed colored vinyl and I have major surface noise.  I cleaned it a second time to the same result.  And it's constant, through the whole record making it pretty much unlistenable.  It sounds pretty nice, despite the continual frying chicken sound.

It's definitely not the overall pressing of this album as I'm the one who approved the test presses and can speak to this. You perhaps got a bad egg from the batch, especially if it's a haze which is prone to surface noise. If you have a problem you can email me at [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Was just thinking about how overlooked this beautiful EP is that came out last year. We still have some copies of all 3 vinyl variants, but we are low on the /100 and /150. If you like Rocky's music, I guarantee you will like this. It's one of his best in my opinion, and leagues better than the album released before it.

You can stream here: https://rockyvotolato.bandcamp.com/album/sawdust-shavings-ep