PO: Ray LaMontagne - Ouroboros [3/4]

jbrana

Ray LaMontagne is back with a new album, and if you pre-order via Amazon, you receive pre-sale access for his 2016 tour.  The album was recorded in collaboration with Jim James of My Morning Jacket.

Amazon: $19.98

81ecZJq2jkL._SX522_.jpg

Via ew.com:

"Ray LaMontagne collaborated with My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James for his forthcoming album and listeners finally got a taste of what they made Wednesday when he dropped the fuzzy “Hey, No Pressure.”

In the lyrics, the singer-songwriter laments watching someone dear to him buckle under the weight of their responsibilities. “Anything you want your life to mean/It can mean,” he assures them. The words certainly ring true for the artist. When EW spoke to him about the new album, Ouroboros, he said he doesn’t force his music. “I kind of equate it to the Peter Pan experience,” he said of his process. “If Peter Pan comes to your window and you try to tell him what you want to do or try to direct in any way, he’ll disappear. So that’s how I do it, I sit down and if it doesn’t feel right, then I just set it aside. I don’t force anything. I just let things happen.” 

As for working with James, LaMontagne says, “It was probably the best experience I’ve had in the studio, ever. It was just such a generous, kind, creative, playful atmosphere.”

Ouroboros is expected to drop in early 2016."

Hear the new track "Hey No Pressure" from NPR here.

• 3 weeks later...