PO: Ringo Deathstarr - Colour Trip/Sparkler REPRESS

dvv

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/11/2016 at 8:23 AM, essjaydee said:

Kinda forgot about this as the PO was so long ago! Has anyone received anything yet or have updates on estimated shipping dates? Still just says "in May' on the website.

Cheers!

Yeah, I tweeted at and emailed the label and no response. Their most recent tweet is about how good their customer service is, lol.

13 minutes ago, double d said:

I doubt this is a scam, they probably didn't estimate the time for the record to be pressed properly, but an update would be good. 

Exactly. The lack of communication is the worst part. 

I preordered the Fiery Furnaces album, as well, and it also had a May release date and they've been just as silent about that. 

Edited by unknown pleasures

got my response from the label on FB:

"Hi Eric! Just saw your comment and went to message you. Not sure how your PMs slipped under our radar but I do apologize for that. Anyway long story short, we had to have the RD records remastered for vinyl to sound their best and this regrettably ended up delaying the releases a bit. We hope/expect to be shipping them in late summer. I'm also working up some time of nice freebie to include in every order as a thank you to everyone for sticking it out. Sorry again for the overdue response and a hearty thank you for supporting the label. We are hard at work securing many more nice releases! -David"

looks like we're in good hands, bless

18 hours ago, prettyylush said:

got my response from the label on FB:

"Hi Eric! Just saw your comment and went to message you. Not sure how your PMs slipped under our radar but I do apologize for that. Anyway long story short, we had to have the RD records remastered for vinyl to sound their best and this regrettably ended up delaying the releases a bit. We hope/expect to be shipping them in late summer. I'm also working up some time of nice freebie to include in every order as a thank you to everyone for sticking it out. Sorry again for the overdue response and a hearty thank you for supporting the label. We are hard at work securing many more nice releases! -David"

looks like we're in good hands, bless

Awesome... Nice that they've replied to someone at least... Nothing yet in response to my Tweets and emails!

Thanks a lot for the update :)

They sent out an email update sometime in the last week.  They seemed kinda pissed that someone contacted the band about it.  Which is goofy as hell.  They could have sent an update when they rejected the test presses or they could have answered any of the mountain of emails and PMs they received about this.  What a mess.

11 minutes ago, AllFuzzedOut said:

They sent out an email update sometime in the last week.  They seemed kinda pissed that someone contacted the band about it.  Which is goofy as hell.  They could have sent an update when they rejected the test presses or they could have answered any of the mountain of emails and PMs they received about this.  What a mess.

I got that feeling from the email as well. It read more like "Don't contact the band about this." than "We're sorry about the delay."

Just now, unknown pleasures said:

I got that feeling from the email as well. It read more like "Don't contact the band about this." than "We're sorry about the delay."

Yep.  Totally.  Like, I mentioned it to the band because the label was ghosting people that gave them $50 or more in JANUARY.  If I hadn't, who knows when they would have reached out to people, if ever.  

Just now, AllFuzzedOut said:

Yep.  Totally.  Like, I mentioned it to the band because the label was ghosting people that gave them $50 or more in JANUARY.  If I hadn't, who knows when they would have reached out to people, if ever.  

Exactly. And now that it will be over 6 months from ordering to receiving these, I need to change my delivery address. Reached out politely on Facebook + email like they requested.... and nothing. Anyone have success in contacting Peppermint Gaydream and through what method?