PO: Ringo Deathstarr - Colour Trip/Sparkler REPRESS

dvv

On 21/04/2017 at 7:46 PM, Mars said:

I actually responded to this email telling him what a fucking joke he was, not that I expect a reply...but seriously, this is more than a year after the  original pre-order.  Weird that I already cancelled my order and I am still getting these emails.

Ditto re: still receiving emails; cancelled mine and got a full refund from my bank (though, given his other business skills (or distinct lack of), I suppose it's a bit much to ask for him keep distro lists up-to-date!). Have contacted the guy multiple times through FB and email - zero replies (unsurprisingly).

If the records ever do materialise, it will be beyond miraculous.

• 1 month later...

hahaha, no.

The website, which had been expired, is active again however.  Also, the website (which is surely true and accurate) says they are on schedule for a spring 2017 release - I think that ship has sailed again.  I'm having the strangest sense of deja vu.  Thankfully this time around I don't have any money invested in the outcome.

1 hour ago, Mars said:

hahaha, no.

The website, which had been expired, is active again however.  Also, the website (which is surely true and accurate) says they are on schedule for a spring 2017 release - I think that ship has sailed again.  I'm having the strangest sense of deja vu.  Thankfully this time around I don't have any money invested in the outcome.

2 more days to fulfill that spring 2017 release promise. I am highly confident they'll meet that goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

It is with tremendous relief and joy that I can confirm that as of yesterday, the records are completely and totally done. Pressed, inserted, shrink-wrapped, boxed, and shipped to me. I know I fell short of the Spring release (and way way way short of the Spring of last year release!) but they're real and they're on their way to me. I should have them in about a week and will then box and ship them out to you all. As I've always stated, thanks much to all for their endless patience and I'm sure you'll enjoy the care that went into these records. As soon as they arrive, I'll post some photos to our Instagram page of all the color variants, so stay tuned!

Take care!

Team PDR

I think Id have more respect for them if they just quit kicking the can down the road

Could it be true? 

It is with tremendous relief and joy that I can confirm that as of
yesterday, the records are completely and totally done. Pressed,
inserted, shrink-wrapped, boxed, and shipped to me. I know I fell short
of the Spring release (and way way way short of the Spring of last year
release!) but they're real and they're on their way to me. I should have
them in about a week and will then box and ship them out to you all. As
I've always stated, thanks much to all for their endless patience and
I'm sure you'll enjoy the care that went into these records. As soon as
they arrive, I'll post some photos to our Instagram page of all the
color variants, so stay tuned!

I'm still getting the email updates, even though I cancelled.

I usually wouldn't want an accidentally-free record from a small label/store, but due to the next-level bs he's been feeding us for 18 months, here's hoping his awful business admin leads to it happening (although I highly doubt ANYONE will be getting one).

Ok, let's get the betting going:

2-1 odds: All shipments are mysteriously lost in the mail.

5-1 odds: Last minute review of vinyl showed previously unheard pressing faults, back to the drawing board.

10-1 odds: Hurricane ravages the Eastern seaboard, destroying all contents of Peppermint Daydream HQ.

100-1 odds: He admits it was all a scam, stops email blasting.

1000-1 odds: Anyone gets the records.

I know he is probably eager to get some good news out there on this, and I would imagine that if he's making a public statement after all this that it is probably true, BUT even so at this point he SHOULD be more careful, since his credibility has been completely destroyed. In the event that anything DID happen during shipping, or say the albums arrived and there was some defect with them that the plant didn't catch, he would have to come back and make some other statement about how now something else has gone wrong and blah blah blah. So basically he's dumb - which we all readily know by now, but still - if the records really are on the way, then he should just sit tight and wait till they arrive, and assuming they do he should QC them and prep them for shipment, and ONLY THEN should he announce that they're actually shipping out.

Edited by the industry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm in shock. I get home from work and there's and old record mailer sitting on my doorstep with PDR written in pen on the top of it, I can't believe it finally came.. Well over a year later. There was talk of some kind of make good for the ridiculous wait, but there's nothing there but records. oh well.  Looking forward to playing them regardless. 

Edited by rabbitclock

2 (two)  Sparklers showed up today, with a note saying some cassettes are on the way LOL!!! (ordered 1 Sparkler, 1 Colour Trip) and cancelled June 2016 /refunded over a year ago.  Either an attempt at customer restitution or poor record keeping. Like winning Powerball ;)