PO: Ringo Deathstarr - Colour Trip/Sparkler REPRESS

dvv

On 15 June 2016 at 3:10 PM, youspinmeround said:

This is amateur hour. You don't post a presale when you haven't even cut the record 

On 15 June 2016 at 2:30 PM, unknown pleasures said:

I got that feeling from the email as well. It read more like "Don't contact the band about this." than "We're sorry about the delay."

Yep, in this day and age there really is no excuse for not being able to communicate with your customers - especially after they've committed hard-earned cash in good faith wayyyyy before the release.

PMD: "We also ask that you please do not contact the band regarding the status of these releases"

OK, but what other options do people have when you don't respond to FB messages / emails / tweets etc? :(

I was reeeeaaalllly excited about these releases! Hope we still get them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite bands, and I will confess now the FIRST order I have ever cancelled. IIRC Paypal was not an option so had to cancel via CC. He never replied so they credited me, and maybe a week later he finally writes an email, and says don't bother the band on social media.  It was duplicates and tapes I really didn't need anyways, but a shame for those who needed the affordable represses. As said above 'amateur hour' or incompetence. It will probably get done eventually, but I won't be ordering. :(

On 9/22/2016 at 9:50 AM, drds89 said:

One of my favorite bands, and I will confess now the FIRST order I have ever cancelled. IIRC Paypal was not an option so had to cancel via CC. He never replied so they credited me, and maybe a week later he finally writes an email, and says don't bother the band on social media.  It was duplicates and tapes I really didn't need anyways, but a shame for those who needed the affordable represses. As said above 'amateur hour' or incompetence. It will probably get done eventually, but I won't be ordering. :(

Man, I feel this. Unfortunately, I ordered this when I had a different bank and debit card, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort just trying to get 30 dollars back. I'd contact the label and ask if they can just refund me directly if they aren't shipping within the next few weeks, but we've all been shown they aren't very good at communication. Just gonna take this loss, count it as a lesson learned and who knows, maybe some day it'll actually arrive in the mail and that'll be a pleasant surprise. Damn newbie labels. 

from their facebook replying to someone asking about these

Peppermint Daydream RecordsHi all! Sorry for taking forever (as usual) to respond. The remastered LP's are pressed and being inserted. I expect well have these out within a month! We still have everyone's orders intact and will ship then immediately upon our receipt.

8 hours ago, shamrocks said:

from their facebook replying to someone asking about these

Peppermint Daydream RecordsHi all! Sorry for taking forever (as usual) to respond. The remastered LP's are pressed and being inserted. I expect well have these out within a month! We still have everyone's orders intact and will ship then immediately upon our receipt.

So much for September shipping! :huh:

Sent them another email but unsurprisingly had no reply. I have zero problems with delays - these things happen - but how hard is it to keep your customers up to speed on things?! No excuse.

5 hours ago, SE7EN said:

So much for September shipping! :huh:

Sent them another email but unsurprisingly had no reply. I have zero problems with delays - these things happen - but how hard is it to keep your customers up to speed on things?! No excuse.

Exactly. It's one thing to have delays beyond your control but that doesn't mean you have to suck at basic interaction & customer service.

These guys have no business running a label.  

Anyone else get their email?

Good evening all,

We’ve been getting some messages regarding the Ringo Deathstarr reissues, so we wanted to provide a quick update and also draw the winners for the test pressings! Regarding the reissues, we’ve been notified that the vinyl has been pressed, and they’re being inserted into the sleeves we provided, then into the jackets, then shrink-wrapped. In other words, we’re almost there! We know this has been a long time coming, but we hope you’ll agree that it will be worth the wait. It’s out hope that within one month’s time, these will be on their way to you, our rad customers. In order to facilitate quicker turnaround, we’ve preemptively labeled and prepped the mailers for insertion, so we can get these out the door as soon as they come in.

Glad we got an update but it really takes a month to pack a (smallish) batch of vinyl that has been (or should have been) scheduled for months?! Will we ever get them :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's tired of waiting on this, I have a copy of Colour Trip on  Transparent Cola-Cube that I'd sell for $30 ppd. Also, I'm willing to bundle it with Pure Mood on Lemonade Yellow for $50 ppd. Both albums have been played once or twice and are in like new condition.       SOLD 

Edited by tvham