anyone on here still scrobble on last.fm?

http://www.last.fm/user/Burkey

Scrobbled nearly 200k since Jan 2005. Used to love the site as well - as others have said, they fucked up on the launch of their beta. I can just see some big wig at CBS telling them to ship it while all the devs are probably sitting with their heads in their hands insisting it's not really yet. The "front/home page" for a logged in user now is absolute shit compared to what it used to be.

In saying that, I still love scrobbling, checking out my historical stats, and checking out the shoutboxes on tracks, artists and albums. It's just a shame the community has waned big time. I really worry they're going to shut the whole thing down since it's making a fairly substantial loss.

A little over 181,000 Scrobbles since November 2006.

http://www.last.fm/user/thespungo5

Cool to see a few people in this thread with more Scrobbles, didn't know it was such a popular thing anymore. I keep a pretty meticulously curated iTunes library, so love to see all the listening statistics that Last.fm provides. Was never much into their community, likes, loves, or whatever the hell else they do.

My Mac desktop client crashes all the time, but still manages to submit my scrobbles. Might have something to do with the "Confirm Device Scrobbles" setting so I always see what's being submitted before I push it through, not sure if that has anything to do with it. After I submit, sometimes it crashes immediately but it seems to always submit them despite the crash. 

If I'm playing directly from iTunes on the Mac it's never given me an issue. 

With Spotify though, I've often discovered that my account was disconnected only after streaming a bunch of stuff. So I've gotten used to regularly checking my last.fm page to make sure things are scrobbling. If not, I gotta re-enter my password and that's really annoying.

My Mac desktop client crashes all the time, but still manages to submit my scrobbles. Might have something to do with the "Confirm Device Scrobbles" setting so I always see what's being submitted before I push it through, not sure if that has anything to do with it. After I submit, sometimes it crashes immediately but it seems to always submit them despite the crash. 

If I'm playing directly from iTunes on the Mac it's never given me an issue. 

I think this was one of the two major crash problems people were having with the latest Mac version. Mine would crash every time I plugged in my iPhone and it started trying to scrobble from it. It was compounded at least in my case by the fact that it would sometimes not scrobble those tracks, but other times it would scrobble them multiple times - like 10-15 times in some cases. I forget what the other big problem was off the top of my head. It might have just been that it wouldn't even open.

Anyway, like I said I went back to 1.5.4 and it's fine. It even still works in El Capitan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping this for a new generation.  I followed everyone that's posted so far and I will follow anyone who posts.

https://www.last.fm/user/BuffBloom

Also, the last two people to comment seemed quite upset that it was posted in the wrong forum.  While that is true, I think for the sake of consistency we should let it stay here to keep pissing people off.

Still scrobbling religiously after 12+ years. Most annoying thing for me is how they basically killed the social aspect of it, making following people essentially useless. I miss the friend feed that showed me what others were listening to. Like Spotify's feed on the desktop version. I only scrobble for OCD reasons and because I enjoy looking at my own stats, but otherwise it's really pointless when the social tools and recommendation tools have been neutered. I also used to keep track of upcoming shows with last.fm, but that functionality was severely dumbed down years ago and never regained strength. That was a good way to connect with people locally too.

https://www.last.fm/user/sidewinder03