anyone on here still scrobble on last.fm?

I’m more impressed by the 26,000 artists.  How is that achieved?  By just playing the most obscure online radio stations and logging 1 or 2 scrobbles for each artist at most?  I knew someone on Last.fm who had 8,000+ artists in her library and she admitted that she was only blowing the number up as a way of flexing her “love for music”.  To crack 8,000 she was scrobbling artists who did OSTs for Bollywood films, and had 30 collective listeners on the site.  She also couldn’t seem to speak to any artist we had in common that she allegedly listened to hundreds of times.  I never got the point – seemed really silly to me but to each their own, I guess.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:42 AM, julienktl said:

I scrobble every songs I listened (spotify, iPhone, vinyles, tapes).

the website vinylscrobbler is great for that.

Very cool, glad to learn of another way to scrobble offline plays (vinyl, etc.) I use a a script via RateYourMusic.com, but it hasn't worked on my office computer in years, so it's good to have another option. Adding items via Discogs seems easy, assuming it's already on Discogs. 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, highfives said:

I just set up my company's Sonos player on Last.  It's kinda fun to see, collectively, what the whole place listens to.  

I set this up at my previous job for the Spotify account. It was a good way to see what we listened to collectively, but also be able to see what's playing without getting up. And of course go back to something you might have heard earlier but didn't have a chance to check.