Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

9 minutes ago, infamous2702 said:

Exactly. These other knuckleheads that live on this board act like their panties aren't in a bunch when they dont get what they want. esp RSD.....Oh the tears flow then like crazy.

There's a pretty solid chunk of people who were pretty nonchalant, or dare I say, not present for RSD. I wouldn't go lumping everyone who disagrees/argues with you as RSD flippers with bad taste.

10 minutes ago, infamous2702 said:

Exactly. These other knuckleheads that live on this board act like their panties aren't in a bunch when they dont get what they want. esp RSD.....Oh the tears flow then like crazy.

The funniest part is...everyone who has disagreed with you so far couldn't care less about RSD (and I actively dislike it). ::shrug::

It seems like you're really enjoying grasping at all these straws though, so keep trying! ;)

Yeah, I'd definitely be upset if my order was cancelled.  But if I then went and complained to the label and they later announced  some sort of compensation, I wouldn't assume that I'd singlehanded caused said compensation.  Nor would I announce (proudly) that my bitching was the reason that the label was doing something for the people they had unintentionally screwed.

my general opinion about VCF is it's a bunch of tools that have been collecting since the "vinyl boom" of the 2000's, who are more concerned with colorway than quality from the labels. Looks at the threads, awful bands, from awful labels for the most part. RSD gets a zillion comments. I don't think everyone here fits that bill, but the majority does. If I hadn't been waiting a couple months already for this I wouldn't have cared as much. But its the rug being pulled at the last minute. I waited years in hopes for a faith no more lp, I order it, waited and was told Id have to wait longer b/c the pressing was messed up. Instead of sending fans garbage they made the plant repress. I had no issue waiting another few months.  When a label is shorted on a major release, they should refuse the order until it filled correctly. But thanks to the glut of garbage on RSD, this will happen more and more. But who cares right? I'm just douche complaining, or maybe I'm someone who used to work with labels and knows the right way to conduct business and the wrong way. Again, pros for Nothing to get the people who were affected a nice option. There is a reason they were not going to continue with Relapse.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The funniest part is...everyone who has disagreed with you so far couldn't care less about RSD (and I actively dislike it). ::shrug::

It seems like you're really enjoying grasping at all these straws though, so keep trying! ;)

What might I be grasping at, you're a simpleton.

^I'm 99.9% positive there is some clause in the agreement every label commits to when they order records that allows for a certain percent of shortage/overage without the plant being held accountable. So if they get shorted let's say 25 records the plant doesn't have to do shit and on the other side if they get 25 extra they don't get charged more.

When a whole pressing is fucked up due to plant error it's a whole different monster where they can refuse the order and have them redone.

Just now, infamous2702 said:

What might I be grasping at, you're a simpleton.

You're grasping at the hope that you're going to convince people on here that you're not a tool for whining until you got compensation for an honest mistake by the label, trying to convince people that anyone who disagrees with you is a hypocrite by making broad statements which turn out to be completely inaccurate about the people to whom you're referring.

8 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

^I'm 99.9% positive there is some clause in the agreement every label commits to when they order records that allows for a certain percent of shortage/overage without the plant being held accountable. So if they get shorted let's say 25 records the plant doesn't have to do shit and on the other side if they get 25 extra they don't get charged more.

When a whole pressing is fucked up due to plant error it's a whole different monster where they can refuse the order and have them redone.

Yeah I had to sign something when I got stuff pressed

Pirates Press, which is the plant that pressed this record, specifically states in their Terms & Conditions:

"All runs are subject to industry standard 10% over/under-run and will be adjusted on the final invoice."

http://piratespress.com/cms/documents/newaccount-ppus_form.pdf

Underruns happen. It's normal. You don't get to "refuse the order" if they're 50 LPs short on a 500 LP run.

If I ordered the Deluxe and it got cancelled I'd be pissed and pretty upset. I'd probably complain about it on these forums.

I would not contact the band and label like I was owed something. You paid for a product. Instead of that product, you got your money back. The transaction is back to zero and you are owed nothing. Does it suck? A lot. Is that life? Yeah.

The kind of whining you did and then the public patting of your own back gives all of us a bad name. Is it awesome when a label goes above and beyong to make up for a fuck up? Yeah, but it's not something any of us are owed.

10 minutes ago, infamous2702 said:

my general opinion about VCF is it's a bunch of tools that have been collecting since the "vinyl boom" of the 2000's, who are more concerned with colorway than quality from the labels. Looks at the threads, awful bands, from awful labels for the most part. RSD gets a zillion comments. I don't think everyone here fits that bill, but the majority does. If I hadn't been waiting a couple months already for this I wouldn't have cared as much. But its the rug being pulled at the last minute. I waited years in hopes for a faith no more lp, I order it, waited and was told Id have to wait longer b/c the pressing was messed up. Instead of sending fans garbage they made the plant repress. I had no issue waiting another few months.  When a label is shorted on a major release, they should refuse the order until it filled correctly. But thanks to the glut of garbage on RSD, this will happen more and more. But who cares right? I'm just douche complaining, or maybe I'm someone who used to work with labels and knows the right way to conduct business and the wrong way. Again, pros for Nothing to get the people who were affected a nice option. There is a reason they were not going to continue with Relapse.

yea fuck Relapse for screwing Nothing, I mean what other label would've gladly pressed 17,000 records for them, and also fuuuuuck VC for supporting Nothing by buying their records from that shitty label that obviously doesn't know shit about running a long time label

don't worry guys, VC JESUS HAS FINALLY RISEN

I think my favorite part is how he is calling everyone under 40 out for not having collecting as long as he has, but he has no clue how the industry works. Oh well. Maybe he'll learn some day... 

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You're grasping at the hope that you're going to convince people on here that you're not a tool for whining until you got compensation for an honest mistake by the label, trying to convince people that anyone who disagrees with you is a hypocrite by making broad statements which turn out to be completely inaccurate about the people to whom you're referring.

He just keeps digging himself into a hole... 

2 hours ago, infamous2702 said:

This thread has way more comments than the RSD one... give it up haha.

9 hours ago, infamous2702 said:

I'm just douche complaining, or maybe I'm someone who used to work with labels and knows the right way to conduct business and the wrong way.

Hahaha this is fucking rich.

Ever gonna get around to sending your part of our trade from 2 years ago? Or are you just gonna keep PMing me dick emojis?

10 hours ago, infamous2702 said:

But who cares right? I'm just douche complaining, 

This is the only thing he's said we're in agreement on.  Despite the shit English.

Had you come in here and said "Yeah I had my order cancelled & it sucked so I sent some messages about it & sure enough they took care of me.  Pretty cool of them to do that.", there would literally be none of this petty back and forth you started because you're "that guy" who pretends he's better than everyone but is actually the worst.  Do you also put pennies in the jars at gas stations and proclaim "See what I just did??!!  You're welcome, sick children."?